1/35 RMF Tiger I 1943 Eastern Front

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking good.

To my understanding the interior of Panzers was painted in a shade of white, light grey as this made it easier to see the dark controls against the background in dim light.

P

phikoleoputra

Looking good.

To my understanding the interior of Panzers was painted in a shade of white, light grey as this made it easier to see the dark controls against the background in dim light.

I think the supposed color is "ivory" or "elfenweiss". Unfortunately only AK Interactive and other European brand that carry that particular color. So i am limited with what I have on hand  :smiling3:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I think the supposed color is "ivory" or "elfenweiss". Unfortunately only AK Interactive and other European brand that carry that particular color. So i am limited with what I have on hand  :smiling3:

I wouldn't worry by 1943 I think there was a fair variety of paints used depending on what was available.

D

dubster72

I wouldn't worry by 1943 I think there was a fair variety of paints used depending on what was available.

Actually Dave, the production of AFV paints was still strictly controlled by the Reichsausschuss für Lieferbedingungen in 1943. Only towards the very end of the war did supplies & materials become scarce.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Actually Dave, the production of AFV paints was still strictly controlled by the Reichsausschuss für Lieferbedingungen in 1943. Only towards the very end of the war did supplies & materials become scarce.

Thanks Patrick, always happy to be corrected.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real nice,I do like it a lot well done, :D

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent interior paintwork Leo. I too am very impressed with this kit so far the level of detail is exceptional.

Looking forward to more updates.

Cheers

Paul

P

phikoleoputra

That does look very nice Leo. It's a kit that's begging for a cutaway ;)

I think I'm gonna do a cut away for this one, still thinking which part to be seen. The amount of work spent on the interior is far too much to be closed later on.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looks good enough to get in and drive..cracking build and the weathering is spot on 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking great the interior,is so well done,and real like your weathering as well,great job so far, :D