1/35 Tamiya Machine Gun Team...Moving out!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Having been given orders to abandon their position, a German M.G. team are moving out to a new location.......

The scratched built wrecked building is from a previous diorama (The building of which can be found in dios. under construction) as is the M.G. Team's.

I hope you approve of the 'Re-cycling'

P1310387.JPG

P1310383.JPG

P1310392.JPG

P1310385.JPG

P1310384.JPG

P1310386.JPG

P1310389.JPG

P1310393.JPG

P1310395.JPG

Observe the pizza base base!
P1310394.JPG

P1310396.JPG

P1310397.JPG

P1310399.JPG

P1310400.JPG

Cheers,
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys. I appreciate you taking the time to post your positive comments. :thumb2:

Perhaps some others might think I'm in some way cheating by simply 'Repositioning' parts from previously finished dioramas.

Does it really matter as long as the end result is satisfactory?

Answers on a postcard please to...

570-453
P.O. Box 24
Broadmoor

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks boys. I appreciate you taking the time to post your positive comments. :thumb2:

Perhaps some others might think I'm in some way cheating by simply 'Repositioning' parts from previously finished dioramas.

Does it really matter as long as the end result is satisfactory?

Answers on a postcard please to...

570-453
P.O. Box 24
Broadmoor

It can't be cheating if you originally built and painted all the components of your dio - but as I reckon you've pinched the pictures from a book ....

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Looks amazing on my phone. Need to have a proper look on my laptop...

ATB

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Woh Hey!
Thanks ever so much for the terrific posts boys. I'm well chuffed you approve of my model. :thumb2:

It can't be cheating if you originally built and painted all the components of your dio - but as I reckon you've pinched the pictures from a book ....

Here you, young Dave, 'specially for you. In future I will not point you towards and 'Big Boxes' should we ever meet up again at Cosford. Instead, I will let you root around under the tables alongside 'Builder's Bum' Tony.....so there!

P1310417.JPG

Thanks again chaps.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Tim. :thumb2:

Where on Earth did those guys get that HUGE mug from?

Caught me out at last Dave, although you are only partly correct. The structure is not a 'Huge mug' but in fact it is a carefully designed concrete bunker. See the eye holes on the engine? These are really M.G. slits, with the larger one above, an observation port.
The theory being, the advancing enemy would observe the 'Mug' and laughing that much, would see it as some sort of leg pull and would be completely harmless.......Too late!

Yours.
Herbie Flowers

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave

Caught me out at last Dave, although you are only partly correct. The structure is not a 'Huge mug' but in fact it is a carefully designed concrete bunker. See the eye holes on the engine? These are really M.G. slits, with the larger one above, an observation port.
The theory being, the advancing enemy would observe the 'Mug' and laughing that much, would see it as some sort of leg pull and would be completely harmless.......Too late!

Yours.
Herbie Flowers

Damn! That's clever! Those Germans was really good at camouflage wasn't they? I would have been completely fooled!

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale

Yours.
Herbie Flowers
Ha ha. I thought "mugged off" was an Essex thing. Who knew it went back to the war!? Live and learn. lol.