1/48 Eduard Fw190 A5 (Weekend Ed)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Come to a halt with my bocage dio at the moment so decided to crack on with this build.

Made a start on the cockpit. Using the Eduard pre-painted 'zoom' PE set. Looks ok but the RLM 66 always looks to bright for me. Going to have to try and tone it down a little to make it more 'worn'.

Also going to do another first for me. Going to try and display the aircraft with a few panels open. Luckily the kit allows you to do either open or shut panels. So the engine will partly be on show. To try and make the engine look a little better i am doing a little scratch building to it. Added a few stays and the basic pipework so far. Still needs a few fuel lines and electric cables to make it look more 'busy'. Here is my effort with the BMW 801 so far

M

m1ks

Nice start, I like to see a 190, one of my favourite warbirds.

Have heard good things of this kit too so will keep an eye on this as you progress

T

treyzx10r

Allyne off to a great start the office is looking sweet,will be watching this one for sure!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Allyne, the engine is looking good.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Done a little more to the engine. I would do it different if i was to do this again. I had to take off most of the top stays because they were getting in the way when trying to add the fuel lines. Still got to glue them to the main fuel ring then add the electrical wiring and re-add the top stays. Oh and paint it all as well. I sure hope this is worth it afterwards as my eyes are taking a beating here lol

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking great mate, rather you than me with all those tiny wires and tubes though.

First Name
Michael
Looking terrific Allyne, I'll be watching with interest, M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very good. But I've always wondered about these 'Weekend' kits. Can they be done in a weekend ?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
You probably could do one in a weekend but you'd be hard pushed. Just depends on what type of finish you'd be happy with i suppose.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking the biz Allyne.

Always liked the look of the Butcher bird. I'll follow with interest.

Tony.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Nothing to update you all about apart from i've started gluing the fuel pipes together ( a really eye straining job) but just wanted to say that i'm using the Flex-i-file C/A applicator sold in the shop. It's so easy to use and can totally recommend it

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Finally got around to fixing the pipes in place and started scratch building the panel interior

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Started trying to line up the exhausts. Blooming fiddly things.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ok so I noticed whilst dry fitting the exhausts that there is only one pipe per cylinder available to fit. So I scratch built the other pipes with copper wire. First pic of the scratch built pipes and the second with them all fitted. Makes it look a little more 'busy' now :smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A smart looking engine Allyne, great scratching.

Tony.