Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Been watching in the cheap seats...

You have done a cracking job on that engine Al. Well played!

Ian M

B

Buttonman

I love the Eduard 190s they go together so well, yours is comin along loverly Mate.

Just one question? why 2 pipes per cylinder? sorry if it's a really stupid question but thats me, If you don't ask you don't learn.

Cheers

Martin

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That engine is first class ............. How many weekends ?????

Peter

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I love the Eduard 190s they go together so well, yours is comin along loverly Mate.Just one question? why 2 pipes per cylinder? sorry if it's a really stupid question but thats me, If you don't ask you don't learn.

Cheers

Martin
Two pipes. One for air in and the other for exhaust gases out ;)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That engine is first class ............. How many weekends ?????Peter
Far to many lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Finally got the pipes fitted. Need to figure out how i'm going to do the wiring, if I can actually fit it in that is.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Some really fine detail there Allyne. Keep the photos coming of your progress.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Getting there with this build slowly but surely lol

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Al

having built the A8 I know from experience that you're coming to the tricky bit. It is absolutely essential that the engine is aligned correctly otherwise the cowlings won't fit. It's also a bit of a fiddle to get the engine framing in. Test fit, test fit, test fit is the order of the day!

Engine detail looks great and the wiring looks cool. Looks like you're going to finish it as myself and Graham did with the cowling open. They look great when finished.

all the best

Paul

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Paul. The fit of this kit is far too precise for my liking. The left wing didn't fit correctly. I think it might be slightly warped. I've heard about the engine having to be fitted dead on. This is one of the reasons I decided to have the panels open ;)

After building this I have to admit I am put off building another A series FW190 from Eduard and will probably sell my remaining kits. I've heard their D series is a lot easier to build though.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great detail with the engine Paul, looks like you've got some tricky stuff coming up.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Al

Please persevere with the kit, you've done a fabulous job on the engine and cockpit and it will be worth the effort. You're right about the tolerances on this kit though, it requires quite a lot of test fitting on so many sub assemblies. I think I encountered a slight issue with wing fit. From memory (I built mine some time ago) I think the problem was with the underside of the cockpit assembly which required a little sanding to get the wing root to align nicely.

At this point in the build I would strongly advise getting all the cowlings taped on to the model and then have a look at any potential problems with the engine. I think I aligned and glued the nose cowling first to ensure that the cowlings fit properly. Essentially from here on in it's a bit like keeping 12 spinning plates on the go! BUT it is worth it!

i wouldn't sell the other kits on the basis of this. You will learn a lot from this process and the subsequent builds will be better for it. You'll know when to go off-piste with the kit instructions and be ready for the bear traps.

Honestly, you've done such a bang up job on the detail so far I think you owe it to yourself!

Anyhoo, I hope you encounter no problems at all and I for one am looking forward to seeing this great build progress.

All the best

P