1/48 Hasegawa Kawanishi N1K2-J Shidenkai(George)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh stop it! You are so tempting me to do a Jap bird, just so I can give it some with the salt. lol

Your doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Fellas really appreciate the compliments,c'mon Ian get the ole salt shaker out and have a go!

I got the prop blurs in the post ,they are pretty easy to work with. I lopped off the props with the razor saw and then notched the hubs to accept the blurs. Then a little ca glue and some paint and its ready to mount up

A

AJay

Looking very nice indeed, Trey! You're making fast progress. Can't wait to see it finished : )

T

treyzx10r

I'm calling it finished,thanks for all the great support and comments. Wait is over heres some pics, enjoy!

and some outdoor shots

any and all comments critiques most welcome

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Trey yet another outstanding build 5*. The propeller is vey realistic. Great photos.

Vaughan

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's another absolutely top job Trey,very well done. I love the outdoor shots,no danger of the sky falling on it :smiling3: .

Not a criticism but I'm not sure whether I'm convinced by the prop blurs or not. I think its a matter of opinion,some love'em,others are a bit more equivocal.

Cheers

Steve

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Beautiful 5 star build Trey.

The salt technique is done really well.

Steve's right about the prop blur, I'm not sure too.

Thought though, is it because they are painted in a lighter shade, that they don't have the impact of others I've seen. I know this is the right colour for this type, but....

Keep inspiring us.

Tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant. I love the very well worn out finish. Pics in the sun are very good as well. ***** from me.

Colin M.........

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for all the great comments from everybody! Steve yes the prop blurs are an aquired taste . Tony you may be on to something ,I'm going to play around with some fading ,maybe hit the edges with some greys?