1/48th Scale Saturn V

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Steven, good to see you around again .Like Chris I'd like to know about that rocket. Do you still go to that coffee house and build it there ?

That rocket thing you linked was novel, like the part in the post about using parts that you had !

Think Halloween is more supported in the US than here, of course the shops all make a big thing about it, esp with pumpkins and costumes . More of a younger age group that old gits like me :hungry::hungry:.

Message to Rick, don't you dare say anything about me being an old git ! :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It's presently sitting around collecting dust.
HI again Steven earnt you working on it to finish it ? as i would love to see this monster fly or is life getting in the way of your building ?
chrisb

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
HI again Steven earnt you working on it to finish it ? as i would love to see this monster fly or is life getting in the way of your building ?
chrisb
Oh yes, I have always planned on finishing and flying this. Even with the passion and interest in my hobbies over the decades (did I just say that?) I have routinely put things off for awhile before getting back to them. This has been an extraordinary challenge for me and there are times when I really do need a break from so much brainstorming. I still visit Starbucks so that keeps my social side going. Today I went there after seeing my shrink which is typical. She's a fantastic individual that I've been seeing for roughly 20 years now. I had used the Silly Putty approach as Stillip had suggested. I've found out that if you leave it on for just a few hours, it begins to sag like the skin of an old fart. Now I'll use Stillip's suggestion for Blue Tac for the Aft Interstage and see where that gets things.

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi everyone. I had for the time being put the rocket on hold until just the last few days ago and started back on it. Still looking for a place to retire as well. We want to make sure we will be happy with few regrets about the move. This takes a tremendous amount of research. We have concluded retirement resorts are out of the question for mainly two reasons. Most if not all have an HOA to take care of the expenses such as pools, any onsite bistros, cafeterias and so on. HOA's are a hot spot for trouble. In addition, a retirement resort is filled with people who now have plenty of spare time on their hands. The ones to watch out for may have been the cheerleader type or athlete in high school or college being used to a position of authority and a holier than thou disposition.
They may have also held a high ranking job overseeing others. You know, control freaks. The second issue is that I don't like the feeling like I'm walking through a cemetery that just emptied it's contents. I prefer the vibrancy of youth rather than wondering if my next door neighbor will live to see the next day. That all being said I have found another Starbucks closer to us since the first week of Sept. It's more spacious and a change after 7 years was in the offing.
So that's it for now. When further developments arise I'll let you folks know.
Best regards,
Steven.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Steven its good to hear from you sir how much more have you to do on that mighty saturn 5 ? before she flys
BEST WISHES
CHRISB

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steven good to hear from you. Agree with Andrea about your retirement place.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello Steven,
Can you tell me why my rockets keep exploding???
Regards
Elon...

No just kidding, just read through your build from start to now - I am impressed to the point of lust...
At least with your illness you are not laying down and waiting for the day, you have gone and done something we can only dream about doing - what a project.
Retirement homes - yes there has always got to be a dominant factor, I looked for one that had a dominant matron complete with whips and handcuffs...
And as for being Customer of the Month, I think JR has a trophy he hands out called the 'Dog B's' and to get that award is a privalege
So well done on the build so far, the fight against your illness and your futer builds.
Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello Steven,
Can you tell me why my rockets keep exploding???
Regards
Elon...

No just kidding, just read through your build from start to now - I am impressed to the point of lust...
At least with your illness you are not laying down and waiting for the day, you have gone and done something we can only dream about doing - what a project.
Retirement homes - yes there has always got to be a dominant factor, I looked for one that had a dominant matron complete with whips and handcuffs...
And as for being Customer of the Month, I think JR has a trophy he hands out called the 'Dog B's' and to get that award is a privalege
So well done on the build so far, the fight against your illness and your futer builds.
Mike.
The Committee are on standby for the flight , Matron has yet again bought a new hat, 2nd this year.

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi folks. Still looking around for our 'final' resting place. I think we've narrowed things down to Arizona. I lived there from '64-'87. It's very important to look at the crime rates of states and their individual cities. I don't want to feel like I need a gun just to go grab a cup of damn coffee. The reason is the North West is just too cloudy with little sun. Reeks havoc with my disorder. When the sun is out, it feels like a huge does of feel good medication along with a trip to the coffee shop with my top down. Nothing is better than just feeling good because you can.
The women are getting to be a nuisance. "What's that? Oh that's cool. Are you an engineer? Can I sit down next to you and talk? Do you want a coffee? I like your coat. Is that your car? I'll bet it's fun to drive." Yeah, yeah, yeah. It all started in grade school when the girls would chuck me in the girl's bathroom and lean up against the door. Hasn't stopped since. I'm just gonna' roll in a pile of dung before showing up tomorrow.
My luck they'd take a sniff and ask where I got my 'cologne'. I'd be happy to show them.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Steve, what part of Az. are you looking at? Just talking off the top of my head here, but you pick up things here and there and they sort of get filed away in your sub-concious, if you know what I mean. I don't think the Az. of today is what you remember from '64-'87, and if you end up there you may need that particular piece of "hardware" you referred to in your post, just to keep the unwanted "guests" out of your yard. They seem to be in abundance in that particular part of the country presently and the numbers just keep going up......not trying to put you off just hoping you will do your "homework" very carefully. All the best in your search for serenity, I hope you find your "Shangri La"

Rick

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi Steve, what part of Az. are you looking at? Just talking off the top of my head here, but you pick up things here and there and they sort of get filed away in your sub-concious, if you know what I mean. I don't think the Az. of today is what you remember from '64-'87, and if you end up there you may need that particular piece of "hardware" you referred to in your post, just to keep the unwanted "guests" out of your yard. They seem to be in abundance in that particular part of the country presently and the numbers just keep going up......not trying to put you off just hoping you will do your "homework" very carefully. All the best in your search for serenity, I hope you find your "Shangri La"

Rick
I know it's not the same as I have people back there who are lamenting the old days. There are still some very safe cities including Maricopa, Gilbert, Florence, Oro Valley, Marana, Kayenta and more. Crime data is available as well as education, real estate, shopping, medical facilities and you can put a coffee shop on the very top of this list or we ain't going.

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
HI Steaven cant you politely tell them to get lost ? an will you start work again on this fab model ?
chrisb
That's a sticky situation as I don't want to come off sounding snotty or obtrusive. I've changed coffee shops three times to date as a neutral alternative. It's just on certain days with no relevance to one another this situation occurs. I can best handle the issue when there may be only one at the table. Any more and I get sensory over load and need to leave.