1/72 MK 1 Male Tank -EEF

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Well this little fella (and is is little) is all in one piece. ........... I enjoyed putting this together. Masterbox have done a fine job on this. Lost of detail and the kit goes together superbly. The hardest part was cleaning up the two girders on the top. The only bit I screwed up on was the three vent covers on top, they were so fine that I busted two of 'em getting them off the sprue. So I made up three from an odd piece odd photo etch I had in the spares box............ tomorrow he'll see some paint .......... and then I'll make a start on the Tommies.................

.................. and Eric likes to watch while I'm modelling.

DSCN2211.JPG

DSCN2212.JPG

DSCN2213.JPG

DSCN2214.JPG

DSCN2215.JPG

DSCN2216.JPG

DSCN2217.JPG

First Name
Robert
Well looks like Eric's had enough "specs off..... Snooze time!!!!

Really coming on well this Perer ( and good recovery on the vents ( nice bit of pe work

Like it

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I really do think I could get into this 1/72 scale. first time I've really done one......... I enjoyed it immensely.

P

Polux

Who is the calmly modeller master....? :D

This is looking really cool! Nice challenge weathering a small tank like that ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Who is the calmly modeller master....? :D
This is looking really cool! Nice challenge weathering a small tank like that ;)
I'm hoping to get some chipping and rust going on as well as some "Desert induced Grime" ..... and yep, I like a challenge. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

Coming along real well Peter,can't wait for the painting.

And Eric is gorgeous.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Well it's had a couple of coats of "Khaki Brown" (looks more like "Dysentry" to me) ........... I'll let that cook off for a few days. Then I can start beating it around. I'm looking forward to the challenge of weathering and brining out the detail, rivets and stuff.

DSCN2222.JPG

DSCN2223.JPG

DSCN2224.JPG

DSCN2225.JPG

.......and the Tommies have all had an all-over coat of "Khaki Green" so I can see where they need cleaning up. There are a few mould seams and a little flash to get rid of............ Quite how I'm going to get the little buggers of those bases without damaging them (particularly the "prone" ones) is looking to be a bit difficult right now ???? If anyone has any answers to that, I'd appreciate the advice... I'm not sure how man of these I'll use in the small dio I have planned but I'll paint them all. It'll be good practice.

DSCN2221.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

Coming along well Peter.

Using a nice sharp blade cut around the prone figures and when you place them in the dio build up dirt/sand around them to make them look as if they are lying in it.

Hope this helps.

Someone will come up with something better..probably.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Coming along well Peter.
Using a nice sharp blade cut around the prone figures and when you place them in the dio build up dirt/sand around them to make them look as if they are lying in it.

Hope this helps.

Someone will come up with something better..probably.
Thanks Ralph....... I did figure the sharp blade route was how I was going to have to attack these.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Looking forward to seeing this duo, now watching

Phil

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Looking forward to seeing this duo, now watching
Phil
Thanks Phil. Good to have you on board for this.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
A bit more on this............. Nearly done. Some rust streaks and a bit of dry brushing. It'' get a bit more wear and tear when the base is finished (I've made a start on that) so I know hat colour dirt and dust we are looking at............

DSCN2226.JPG

DSCN2227.JPG

DSCN2228.JPG

DSCN2229.JPG

DSCN2230.JPG

DSCN2231.JPG

DSCN2232.JPG

DSCN2233.JPG

DSCN2234.JPG

DSCN2235.JPG

DSCN2236.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Eric obviously approved Peter. So do I, that is looking A1.

First Name
Robert
Nice work there Peter I like the tracks with the dirt in the crevices. Love the overall paintwork too. Lumbering along in the dessert sun. Can't wait to see this finished and in the dio to see what you come up with. Didn't see from the pics but have you bleached the panels( lying in the sun) but that's a personnel opinion

Cracking work as ever

Robert

P

Piakio

\ said:
Well this little fella (and is is little) is all in one piece. ........... I enjoyed putting this together. Masterbox have done a fine job on this. Lost of detail and the kit goes together superbly. The hardest part was cleaning up the two girders on the top. The only bit I screwed up on was the three vent covers on top, they were so fine that I busted two of 'em getting them off the sprue. So I made up three from an odd piece odd photo etch I had in the spares box............ tomorrow he'll see some paint .......... and then I'll make a start on the Tommies.................
.................. and Eric likes to watch while I'm modelling.

View attachment 139951 View attachment 139952 View attachment 139953 View attachment 139954 View attachment 139955 View attachment 139956 View attachment 139958
I see that you enjoy the whole approval Mr. Whiskers, :D Greetings