1/87 Scale KV 1 just for fun

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick as Mick has rightly pointed out not toy looking now.
Love the upgrades.
John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work Rick. The additions are wonderful and so neat and clean. A terrific build.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Rick,
All I can say is better you than me. You have advanced what is in some quarters just a toy and elevated it to a display model - well done. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Mike.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Gents, I'm getting closer to what I had envisioned this to be. Thanks again for your support and kind remarks.
Cheers, Rick H.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looking very nice Rick :thumb2:
Looks much better with all the new details
Cheers Steven

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nearly there Rick. Decided on the shade of green your going to be using yet??

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you all for your comments and support. Steven, it has built up better than I thought it would. Glad you like it. Paul, glad you dropped by. Your interest and comments mean a lot.
Steve, still some finish up work on the turret and more small detailing to do. I use Model Masters
enamel, so it will be their Russian Armor green with a cut of white mixed in for "scale effect".
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
YES YES YES !

Love it Rick, noted those tow cables, great improvement to the kits offering .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks J.R., Burnt my little self more than once making those cables. But I did prove to myself that the towing eyes can be fabricated out of brass and actually look acceptable If one applies enough solder. This should appeal to you as it involves fire!:smiling5:
Cheers Mate and thanks for dropping by. Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Rick - much better with added details, especially the tracks that now look like tracks

Pity they moulded the wheels as a big lump though without a groove between wheel halves - I wonder if they could be painted to look more wheel like :thinking:

Rust/steel bands front and back for the actual bits that contact the tracks and a darker band in the middle to give an artificial shadow for where there should be a groove maybe.....

Just a thought

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Simon, glad you dropped by. I hadn't considered paint to create that illusion but I did try in the past to actually cut a slot in the top side of the road wheels...failed miserably and cost my self a set of tracks. The Co. I purchased them from has gotten a little better in that on their Panther tracks they at least let you install the outer road wheels which is a considerable plus. I think I'm going to try your suggestion on a future build and thank you for the suggestion and comments.
cheers, Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Rick - I've cut slots before using a Dremel with a milling bit designed for making slots. Worked ok