1/87 Scale USA WWII Tank Destroyer Company

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Similar to my Sherman company, but a slightly different organization. All base ROCO models w/additional modifications. Will model C Company only. Was thinking M10s, but maybe a platoon of M36s. Soliciting suggestions.
TD Bat Org 44.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

As always, loving what you're doing with little kits.
Very well done indeed

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work. Your work really gives an impression of the “scale” of motorised warfare. We are all used to single vehicles being modelled, but can forget that these single vehicles were only one of several dozen formed into a working unit.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Most of my research was with the 2nd & 3rd Battalions, 11th Inf. Regmt. of the 5th Inf. Div., elements of 23rd Armored Inf. 7th Armored Div. 3rd Army, & attached units involved in an action at Dornot France referred to as "The Battle of the Horseshoe Wood" or sometimes "Little Omaha". It involved an opposed crossing of the Moselle River south of the fortress city of Metz. This required the support of attached Engineering elements thus my interest in river assaults & bridging units. The 11th had attached a company of Shermans & a company of TDs that were held in reserve to exploit a planned Treadway bridge once the bridgehead was secured. This plan failed due to poor intel. as the site was under direct observation from several active and "abandoned" forts as well as elements of the reforming 17th SS PG Div. so a crossing was successfully executed further south by the remaining Combat Command elements. An explanation of one reason why modeling units w/1st cuppa.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just Plain Outstanding! :thumb2: ......Do you just have to whip 'em up or are you going fig. hunting on evilbay?
Rick H.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yet again great work.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks gents.
I have a bunch of unpainted ROCO & Artitec figs, just have to sort thru for appropriate poses & paint'em up.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
Great work my friend, I always love these epic builds of yours.

Reactions: JR

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Great work as always. Each pic you put up, I have to remind myself how small 1/87 is!!

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Finding crew poses to fit in the small fighting compartment even harder.:smiling: