1/9 Wellington 'v' bust

D

Deleted member 6559

Looking good Dave.

Don't forget that the photos show everything about ten times as big.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Painted the plinth, a cut down knitting needle will be the mount, just need to get the right height - it's a bit too long at the moment
DSCF0259.JPG
Those decorations need detail painting................................

The head, well, I'm getting to the stage, whether I continue tweaking, or leave alone, just a few places to touch upDSCF0261.JPGDSCF0262.JPGDSCF0263.JPGDSCF0264.JPG

So far, I've learnt a lot from this, it's quite a change, just siting at the desk with paints & a palette, no glues, or fillers. I've had to acquire new paint brushes, and found that my existing ( cheap ) oil paints aren't the best quality. After using no smell acrylics, I can smell the oils!
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Just caught up with this. You're a man of many talents. I reckon that's looking good - well done. Peter is right that blowing up photos to 10x size doesn't do models any favours.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've reached the stage now, where I think tinkering & tweaking will just frustrate me, and not add anything more to the bust. I'm going to do a few light washes on the Dukes decorations, then I'm going to attack it with varnish, matt & satin for the decorations & braid. I've already painted the back of the torso black, and adjusted the height of the mount post................
No pictures today, the next will appear in the 'completed' section
Dave

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Dave
Have you tired Winser & Newtons low smelling oil paint solvent called Sansodor. A lot less smelly than ordinary turps.

Petet