2025 the war against Skynet , British campaign !

D

dubster72

That will look good Alan! This is what I love about this forum - there's no lack of ideas!

Where else could you find this, Polux & his van and all the other great builds?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Your spot on Patrick this place is a modellers dream , I had been back into the hobby about 8 months when I joined and was building very basically but since I joined I have learnt so much from the people on here , I've doubled my skill level now and I'm turning out passable stuff and the ideas people get is amazing the imagination of people on here , you should have a look at some of peterairfix's stuff , he built a dio with Sean the ship in it it's brilliant :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Your spot on Patrick this place is a modellers dream , I had been back into the hobby about 8 months when I joined and was building very basically but since I joined I have learnt so much from the people on here , I've doubled my skill level now and I'm turning out passable stuff and the ideas people get is amazing the imagination of people on here , you should have a look at some of peterairfix's stuff , he built a dio with Sean the ship in it it's brilliant :smiling3:
yes so very true Alan and i feel the same way, as i have stopped doing 1.72 and moved into 1.35 almost over night, since i have been hear and the ,good thing is the helpfulness and friendliness ,

and over the last few moths i have noticed that everyone is doing much better, with all types of modeling, some some think is working well with everyone ;) :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Can't see the mistak but it's al licking god sew faw.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The 2 parallel lines on the worktop?
I've been thinking about this and I think your on the right tack mate but can you elaborate :smiling3:

N

noble

1st rule in dio building nothing parallel to the edges of the base, by doing this it make the dio look like it was built to fit the base only. By offsetting your lines even by a few degrees it give the impression that the diorama extends outside the confines of the base.

Scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
1st rule in dio building nothing parallel to the edges of the base, by doing this it make the dio look like it was built to fit the base only. By offsetting your lines even by a few degrees it give the impression that the diorama extends outside the confines of the base.Scott
Your right mate but when the rubble is added you won't tell , the makings are only a rough guide so I new the best place to put the warrior , there will only be about 20% of the Tarmac showing.

The mistake isn't the lines it's to do with reality :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Well if it's about reality, forget it! Tried it once & that was the scariest 2 minutes of my life! o_O

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Grahame your correct I have but it not right , it's as plain as the sky :smiling3:

I think it's so obvious that you won't notice it

Here's a clue , forget the dio think more reality , all I will say is we see this everyday without even noticing them :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Ok nobody got it so I'll tell you :smiling3:

It's the junction , I've put a 90 degree angle for the pavement lol we have a rounded bend not a square one like the US

Anyway back to it this is my first 1/48 troop now it gives you the European DPM camo in the instructions but I'm not too sure about that Ockre colour I think it should be light olive so I will paint up another in what I think it should look like and another in a made up one but this is my first so I thought I'd put it up :smiling3: View attachment 81213

View attachment 81214

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think you should do the figures in various camo Alan, this is war against the machines, troops, conscripts, traffic wardens would be put into anything and issued with various uniforms. Forget the standard unified look-combine olive paints for packs etc.

Nice figure work.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Si :smiling3: I agree mate I might even put a mix of different camo on a couple of troops as you say you would get what your given :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Here's the other two camo I've been playing with

This is the European DPM how I think it should look View attachment 81215

View attachment 81216

And now an urban camo , I will how ever use a lighter grey for the wash as I used a black for this one and it looks more grubby than shadow View attachment 81217

View attachment 81218

on a few troops I will mix the uniforms so it gives a bit of continuity to the scene in a make do with what you've got type of thing :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
They look good, a nice mixture of camo groups.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate :smiling3: I'm thinking of painting the equipment different colours as to break it up a bit, the scale seems to make them look all one colour :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

I don't know if it has been mentioned earlier in this thread, I couldn't see it anywhere but if it has my apologies, but this model was reviewed in Airfix Model World in May 2014. If you haven't seen it I am sure you will find it interesting.