5th German plane a Ju 87 B-2 Stuka 1:48 scale Italeri model.

S

Saber

Well have got stuck into making so many WW2 German planes I just had to make this one next. Returned a red arrow kit I got for my birthday and paid a bit more for this one. Its a cracking kit but I found the instructions a bit weird having got so used to the Revell kits lately.

Any how I decided to approach this one a bit more down to earth then all my last ones and have pretty much put the kit together straight away to paint it all later on with my airbrush.

The engine detail is great and the kit fits together nicely but I decided not to spend ages on the engine as I don't want to display it and your not going to see it also don't like those little metal PE bits at all. I know some people like them but I find them really annoying, give me plastic please.

So here we go...

View attachment 50241View attachment 50240View attachment 50242

View attachment 52951

View attachment 52952

View attachment 52953

s3.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

First Name
Dave
Havent built this one myself but am told its a good kit.

S

Saber

It certainly is Dave really nice clean parts and I was wanting a decent size for a good price so this one fits the bill just great.

I was looking at this guy on Utube putting it together and it looks great when its finished here is the link to the utube vid

[video=youtube_share;WqhClOWNFbU]

S

Saber

View attachment 50251View attachment 50250View attachment 50249View attachment 50252View attachment 50253

Main parts all put together now off to do the painting, my favorite bit. As you can see the engine is very nice with lots of detail but I am covering this up for my build on this model so will not be working on it. I find the instructions with this kit a bit bland compared to Revell kits but the kit itself is very nice.

Off to the shed for some airbrush work now.:plane:

View attachment 52960

View attachment 52961

View attachment 52962

View attachment 52963

View attachment 52964

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

s8.jpg

s9.jpg

s5.jpg

S

Saber

Coming together nicely now makes a nice change to work to another scale instead of 1:72 for a change.

Completed the pre-shading and masking of the canopy I must remember to leave out the tiny spiky parts till last as I always end up knocking them off when I go to spray paint the plane last time my chickens came up and pecked them off while I was in my shed waiting for the paint to dry.

View attachment 50376View attachment 50377View attachment 50378View attachment 50379View attachment 50380View attachment 50381View attachment 50382View attachment 50383View attachment 50384

View attachment 53059

View attachment 53060

View attachment 53061

View attachment 53062

View attachment 53063

View attachment 53064

View attachment 53065

View attachment 53066

View attachment 53067

s19.jpg

s10.jpg

s11.jpg

s12.jpg

s13.jpg

s14.jpg

s15.jpg

s16.jpg

s18.jpg

First Name
Dave
Ha Ha!.That's a novel excuse for breaking bits off a model!.Its so mad it must be true.Nice job on the camouflage.

S

Saber

Thanks Dave, yes those chickens are a pain when I go outside to paint my models they hang around expecting food and if I am not careful they come over to my planes and peck at them.They took 3 guns off my last one so now I put them in there pen to stop them bugging me. I really need some kind of extraction fan in my shed so I can paint in there but that will come later on I guess.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice progress Mark, hehe the chickens sound very cheeky!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bloody hell Mark , 2 days from start to finish, thats quick!! Its a great build though , nice one , cheers tony

S

Saber

\ said:
Bloody hell Mark , 2 days from start to finish, thats quick!! Its a great build though , nice one , cheers tony
You have to be quick with them chickens around Think I will have to get a bigger kit next time to keep me busy.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Wow Mark, Looks great, a cracking build mate.

Speedy build or what :respect2: Looks like we got another Roman in the ranks lads. :grinball1:

Tony.

V

Vajled

hehehe... and I'm half robot? :smiling3:

Mark...Great work on Stuka...

Cheers

Roman

M

mobear

so!what took you?did you stop too sleep?lol fantastic build just goes to show it can be done and to a very high standard mate.5*s from me,now go charge your batteries hahahaha

mobear

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Mark. I for one actually like the odd looks of the Stuka.

Colin M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A good build of a good kit.

I like the Stuka as well

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Great result from a nice kit.If you haven't got an extraction fan wear a mask when spraying in your shed .Thats what I do.

S

Saber

Cheers Tony, I normally take a bit longer but this one went together quite fast plus practicing on all the other ones beforehand made the painting process a bit quicker not sure I can keep up with Roman though lol

S

Saber

Thanks Roman I must try and slow down but I just get so excited its hard to wait for paint to dry :1newwink:

S

Saber

Cheers Ole, A bigger kit needed to slow me down I think mybe the 1:32 scale He 111 from Revell if I can get it next week should keep me going for a week or two.