A 1/24 scale Aircraft SIG

A 1/24 scale aircraft super SIG

• Would you like the GB calendar for 2015 to include a 1/24 scale aircraft build

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be ridiculous man! Where on earth would I put one!

• If you vote yes, will you take part,

• or are you voting just 'cause you want to watch

• Total voters
T

Tone M

\ said:
Of course technically this would count as well!!!:http://www.amazon.co.uk/AIRFIX-04401-Autogyro-Little-Nellie/dp/B005REURHK/ref=sr_1_6?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1408117486&sr=1-6&keywords=airfix 1/24
Hahaha :D

I dare you to build 'Little Nellie' Richard! ;)

P

Polux

I'm in! Of course :P

Ps: Catalonian comrade....I like how it sounds, thank you very much Ian to respect that. ;)

First Name
Mike
I wish I had both the time and the display space for a 1/24 model, but I just don't at the moment. I'd probably go for a Trumpeter Bf 109K, or their A6M2 Zero

A

Armorbuilder65

I'm in:smiling3: I recently aquired a nice airbrush setup and would love to have a go at a 109 to practice mottling and pre shading.

Robert

T

treyzx10r

Wow I'm having a hard time finding space for the 1/48 kits!! Will enjoy watching these monsters take shape tho ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I was one of the lucky ones who got an £18.00 1:24 Spitfire (RF D) from Debenhams, Yes it's big, but it's 'finished' space is reserved for it in the garage, hanging from the ceiling.

V

V1P3R

Anyone know of ashby 1:24 biplanes or sea planes?

Sent from me to you

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I have just got an airfix 1/24 Gr3 harrier all to do is find space for it.Peter t
I have this one pete and the amount of cutting I have to do to get it the way I want has scared me a little lol,

I want to build the GR3 version with tha engine showing and not only do I have to cut the nose off but I have to cut a huge hole under the wings so when you remove the top cover you can see all the engine

Not an easy thing to do from my perspective !

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Anyone know of ashby 1:24 biplanes or sea planes?Sent from me to you
Trumpeter do some seaplanes. no Biplanes though.

Ian M

V

V1P3R

\ said:
Trumpeter do some seaplanes. no Biplanes though.Ian M
Do you know a website or somewhere that sells them? Will have a look myself aswell but any help would be great.

Sent from me to you

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
I have this one pete and the amount of cutting I have to do to get it the way I want has scared me a little lol, I want to build the GR3 version with tha engine showing and not only do I have to cut the nose off but I have to cut a huge hole under the wings so when you remove the top cover you can see all the engine

Not an easy thing to do from my perspective !
I wish you success and a lot of blue langauge.

Peter t

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Do you know a website or somewhere that sells them? Will have a look myself aswell but any help would be great.Sent from me to you
Here's all of the 1/24 kits currently sold by Hannants

(Hannants aren't necessarily the cheapest, but their website is a good resource to see what's available at a glance).

P

Polux

Wow! I don't know exactly why...but I never think it was this extend range O_o

V

V1P3R

\ said:
Here's all of the 1/24 kits currently sold by Hannants (Hannants aren't necessarily the cheapest, but their website is a good resource to see what's available at a glance).
Wow been browsing that link and they do some great stuff!

Although why are all 1:24 planes military? Only one that was was a trophy race sea plane at £210 on hannants website! Yet others 1:440 or 1:72 etc?

Sent from me to you

T

Tone M

\ said:
Wow been browsing that link and they do some great stuff!Although why are all 1:24 planes military? Only one that was was a trophy race sea plane at £210 on hannants website! Yet others 1:440 or 1:72 etc?

Sent from me to you
I think the main reason is down to size.

The military stuff on the market is pretty small, 18 inch wing span, maybe upto 2 ft long.

I'd love to build a large scale Concord, trouble is it'd be huge.....

There's a 1/72 kit available but even at that scale it's well over 1.2m long! :o

V

V1P3R

So due to 1:1 military planes being small the scale is different to make the model similar size to others? Didn't think about that!

For the SIG then can I build a spitfire but not in camo?

Sent from me to you