A 1/24 scale Aircraft SIG

A 1/24 scale aircraft super SIG

• Would you like the GB calendar for 2015 to include a 1/24 scale aircraft build

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be ridiculous man! Where on earth would I put one!

• If you vote yes, will you take part,

• or are you voting just 'cause you want to watch

• Total voters
T

Tone M

I can't see there'd be a problem re how you paint one, long as it's 1/24 scale :smiling3:

I've been looking at the Mustang P-51 but as an Excalibur replica ;)

T

Tone M

this one lol

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mustang_excalibur.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will let Polux reply to that one. A civilian spitfire.... Hmm could be interesting...

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Maybe we could expand the scale to 1/24 and larger....they are out there.

Ian M

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Maybe we could expand the scale to 1/24 and larger....they are out there.Ian M
Yes, I remember back in the 70's Nichimo released a Hughes 500 helicopter and a Cessna 172 in 1/20 scale, apparently both really nice kits for their time. They go for outrageous prices on eBay. And Hasegawa do that amazing 1/16 Sopwith Camel.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Here's all of the 1/24 kits currently sold by Hannants (Hannants aren't necessarily the cheapest, but their website is a good resource to see what's available at a glance).
I didn't know you could get 1/24 scale from other kit producers :eek: So my claim that I will have all the 1/24 scale kits by next year is slightly optimistic :D

Might have a punt on that trumpy hurricane :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And lets not forget the 1/8 Fokker seriously silly price though. Just found one for £400!!!

No I didnt buy it

Ian M

First Name
Mike
\ said:
I can't see there'd be a problem re how you paint one, long as it's 1/24 scale :smiling3: I've been looking at the Mustang P-51 but as an Excalibur replica ;)
That's cool, I've never seen that before (I might have a go at one of those in 1/72). Unfortunately it's based on a P-51B or C model; all the 1/24 Mustang kits out there that I know of are D models with the bubble canopy.

T

Tone M

\ said:
That's cool, I've never seen that before (I might have a go at one of those in 1/72). Unfortunately it's based on a P-51B or C model; all the 1/24 Mustang kits out there that I know of are D models with the bubble canopy.
Airfix do D and K of the P 51, i'm still not 100% on what i'm going to build, but a D based Mustang Excalibur might be an option for me lol (artistic licence permitting lol)

P

Polux

\ said:
I will let Polux reply to that one. A civilian spitfire.... Hmm could be interesting...Ian M
No problem, just a condition....must be on Tartan colours :D :D :D

Not, seriously.... I like the idea of different versions and models, as the 1/24 or larger as well :smiling3:

Thanks Ian ;)

V

V1P3R

\ said:
Yes, I remember back in the 70's Nichimo released a Hughes 500 helicopter and a Cessna 172 in 1/20 scale, apparently both really nice kits for their time. They go for outrageous prices on eBay. And Hasegawa do that amazing 1/16 Sopwith Camel.
Hannants website show a 1:24 huey chopper due soon.

Sent from me to you

V

V1P3R

\ said:
I will let Polux reply to that one. A civilian spitfire.... Hmm could be interesting...Ian M
Got one or two ideas already.

Sent from me to you

V

V1P3R

\ said:
No problem, just a condition....must be on Tartan colours :D :D :D Not, seriously.... I like the idea of different versions and models, as the 1/24 or larger as well :smiling3:

Thanks Ian ;)
My family have our own tartan so that could be good!

Sent from me to you

P

Polux

\ said:
My family have our own tartan so that could be good!Sent from me to you
Not, not!! forget what I have said, there are enough Tartant Spits for a long time :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
if this SIG is a goer, i might (just might.....not committing) join in............but it will take most of the year i think, and im thinking a bit out of the box.................i have a bold and cunning plan forming ;)

P

Polux

\ said:
if this SIG is a goer, i might (just might.....not committing) join in............but it will take most of the year i think, and im thinking a bit out of the box.................i have a bold and cunning plan forming ;)
Mmmmm.....any clue....? ;)

which plane almost!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Err, whops. I just ordered a 1/24 scale Spitfire. How did that happen. I guess this means that I'm in as well.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've just realised something ! Everybody is going out to get a 1/24 kit for this which means the tiffy might be a know show lol