a question !! if you could build any model (kit or scratch) what would it be and why ??

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Building something from the stash would be fun. I have scratched up a conversion of the Steyr 1500A1 to a Steyr 2000A for my current project. If I had one shot to build/scratch a kit, it would probably be an F 108 large cable trailer used for V2 launch work and looks like this,
View attachment 333326
The trailer frame is available as a resin kit, but the body, doors, reels and the rest must all be scratch built. I just love a challenge...…….
A walk in the park for a man of your calibre

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Bob. Revell are going to be releasing the 1/32 Dragon Bf110 C7 kit this summer (for a lot less than the Dragon kit). You can get a conversion kit for it to make it into a G4 nightfighter. There are some amazing builds on LSP for this very kit/conversion

Also the ICM/Revell Do215 B5 kit is meant to be a great build

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Alan better get building and the credit card out of re hab! Never built a Me 110 and of course a lot more practice needed, although learning a lot doing my Bf 109 and a 1/48 Stuka

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry to the OP for going off topic for a minute....

Bob i am going the whole hog on nightfighters too. I've got in the stash as 1/32kits: He219 A0/A2/A2 'Late'/A5/A7, Fw190 A8/R11, Bf109 G6 (3./JG300), Me262B-1a/U1. Waiting here for the Bf110 kit to be released and i'm getting the conversion for it. I also have the 1/32 Ju88 A4 kit and might be getting the C6/G1/G6 conversion for it. I have the G4 in 1/48 too. Considering getting the Do215 B5 kit

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Oh ere Alan great stash, got 2 revell A 0 and 1 A5. Going to attempt the tamiya 219 first. Read very good reviews so hopefully ok for my average skills!

Do you have the conversion details please. Would imagine Revell doing a G4 using the C?? Would be a big seller.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
A walk in the park for a man of your calibre

Thanks Paul, but I think we need to worry about Bob at the moment. The poor man has gone wing thingy I think and his ever growing stash proves the point. Maybe he has just forgotten to take his Stug meds...……….

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Paul, but I think we need to worry about Bob at the moment. The poor man has gone wing thingy I think and his ever growing stash proves the point. Maybe he has just forgotten to take his Stug meds...……….
Allen,
I think you may be right we need to rescue him from the dark side and lead him back to the light of heavy metal.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Ah now do not worry, close to finishing two mighty Stugs, got a big pile of Stug kits and far too many Stug books, new one soon yippee

So a division yes but the Stug rules but perhaps need stronger meds lol

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Whew!!!!! Thanks Bob, you had us worried there for a few minutes…...We were considering harsh methods to bring you back such as a good beating about the head and shoulders…………………………………..

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I must say, I change my direction occasionally, so what I would like to build now, could be totally forgotten in the next 6 months! I'd love to build a 1/35 Matilda I, but scratchbuilding would be beyond my skill level, and I don't get on with resin kits, so that is a non-starter.
At the moment, I've got most of my 'wanted' models, in the stash ( 1/48 Su-27, F-14 etc ), but if manufacturers keep on pushing desirable new products, who knows?
Dave

First Name
Michael
A really good, accurate kit of a Reliant Scimitar Se5A. I drove one for a good few years and it's one of my favourite driving cars.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Still thinking !

R

RichardMo

my dads work truck always liked riding in it he was a carpenter and it smelled of wood .all the tools were cool to.remember the sound of him coming down the road as he turned into the drive he would kill the engine and coast in. have fond memories of that truck.
also a Vietnam huey door gunner in 1/10 scale.would be awesome.the possibilities for helmet art would be endless
Rick.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just thinking about Bob’s 1:1 stug, the box for that is going to be awesome.....and the courier will probably still leave it behind the dustbin in a “safe place”.....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Just thinking about Bob’s 1:1 stug, the box for that is going to be awesome.....
I doubt anyone would make a full kit. A conversion kit for an FV 432 seems more likely.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
I would love to find a 1/35th Chevrolet Suburban and a few other ''civilian'' vehicles , like the Mercedes sprinter.
There is a lack ( or i can't find them ) of non-military in 1/35th.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Errr, no , wait .

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I would love to see a series of 1/35 WW1 softskins brought out, my scratching skills are wayyyyyyyy to slow and time is of a premium :sad:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Here's a couple I just remembered.
I wait patiently for Italeri to make a 1/35 RAF Rescue launch and a Whale backed MTB. Same hull I believe. Get on it Mr. Italeri!!!