A quiet corner of Kent 1940. Battle of Britain 1/72

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive comments Colin, I appreciate them.

One point though, there was the armour plate with the kit. It can just be seen on the first set of pictures.

On the Bf109 when the pilot jettisoned the hinged hood, the rear canopy plus the radio antenna went with it. What I didn't realise the armour plating was fastened to the rear canopy so that went skyward with the rest of the stuff! Thanks again to Steve (stona).

That's why I posted a second picture with plate missing...just for the record.

So I suspect your resident carpet monster might have claimed yours! lol

Cheers,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Galland flew without the head armour until July 1941. He was flying a borrowed,armoured,aircraft which took a direct cannon hit in the back of the cockpit. The armour probably saved his life and,discretion getting the better of valour,he then had the armour fitted to his aircraft.

Cheers

Steve

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there ... saw a pic of this diorama posted in a thread of the me109 e 1/24 ... had to find the full set of pics ...thoroughly enjoyed browsing thru the pictures .... rgds lindsey

B

blitzbob

A great model, This looks wonderful. Well done. To think 71 years ago this was a normal event. We owe a lot to the Few.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Missed this one Ron hence the late post brilliant 5*.

Vaughan

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow, nice to see this dio. emerge from the vaults. Thanks Lindsey, and thanks for the p/m's.

Thanks to Bob and Vaughan for your very nice commens and 5* too!

When I finished and originally posted this, Steve (stona) very kindly (and nervously!) posted that the armour plate would have been jettisoned along with the canopy...Doh!

Now, thanks to him, I am getting to know lots more about the Bf109.

Thanks again boys,

Ron