'A retirement home for Lucky XI'... Revell Tug Boat.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Couldn't let you down, Rick H!

The Architect has got the boys in. Namely that Internationally famous Nigerian Builder Idu Chukumupp Ltd.

They have worked right through the night and here is their effort. All ready for top floor windows and a lick of paint. The first floor will be an open balcony.
P1230649.JPG

P1230650.JPG

P1230651.JPG

Yours.
Bakun Sarni
Foreman on Site.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.

Free beers on completion.

The Chippy owner is a bit peed off and is refusing to serve anyone who won't sign his pub objection petition....Bit late really!

That popped up quick. Cheers, Rick H.

It certainly was quick. I gave Mr. Chukumupp the drawings this morning. He had arrived mob handed. I counted up to 50 workers, then gave up! He even brought along his 'Poor Cousin' from The Nigerian University.

Anyway, by 13.30 the structure was completed.

Painting next.

Cheers.
Ron

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Ron,

Loving every minute of it and it just gets better and better!!! I am surprised that no one warned you about smoking that stuff though!!!!!!!!!

Prost
Allen

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Ron

I'm catching up on this one. Great work on the boat, lovely detailing and weathering.

The harbour scene is remarkable, just loving all the details from the outfall to the moorings chains.

Great stuff!!

Peter

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Couldn't let you down, Rick H!

The Architect has got the boys in. Namely that Internationally famous Nigerian Builder Idu Chukumupp Ltd.

They have worked right through the night and here is their effort. All ready for top floor windows and a lick of paint. The first floor will be an open balcony.
View attachment 348535

View attachment 348536

View attachment 348537

Yours.
Bakun Sarni
Foreman on Site.

D'you reckon Mr Chukumupp enlisted some of his zulu pals to help?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Great modelling, great photos and great story telling. Each update is like a new chapter in a good book.
Jim
Sat on a bench, a pint at my side and cod and chips wrapped in newspaper. All possible in your little seaside town.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Ron it's gone beyond being a model to a place I want to visit. Just had a quick catch up and what a job you've done. Like Peter said I can almost smell the sea air, the mud looks like it would suck you in and the latest additions are superb. Had a proper laugh out loud at the builder :smiling2: I cant wait to see the water in. Seagulls?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow!
Thanks ever so much for all the superb and humorous posts. Great stuff.

Idu Chukumupp has brought along his 13th cousin, 10 times removed, Meekan N'doodeelyd, and his sidekick Takdee Broosh N'paynt to do the painting.

Mr. Chukumupp informed me that back in Nigeria, Meekan used to be a dead horse and donkey buyer.

I asked Meekan why the change of career?..."Man, de smell of de paint am better dan de smell ob de dead animaaal!"

Sorry, I digress.
Here is the result of Meekan and Takdee's labour.

It looks a bit cob with the 'Flying' wall, but Mr. Chukumupp assures me that "Aal will be good, man. Just be ready wid de dosh at de end ob de work!"

P1230655.JPG

P1230656.JPG

P1230657.JPG

Notice the posters? 'Spoons' wanted a bit of a theme for the pub. Their researchers found out from the rather reticent locals that during WW1, the crew of a German Submarine actually rowed ashore at night to steal some water. They smelt the fish and chips and raided the chippy instead!
Hence the present day war posters in the new pub.

Railings and steps next. Then it can be craned into position.

I thank you.....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the world of scale modeling where your imagination reigns supreme and your world and reality are what you make it. Never let anyone steal your dreams or your ability to laugh at the world. It's a damn funny place at times. 570, I salute both you and your efforts and all of the others who contribute to this forum. ( especially the Zulus) Keep up the good work sir! Cheers, Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The world is going to pot in a hand cart for sure.

Anyway, I've made me some wooden stairs. Two for inside the pub and one for outside.
P1230661.JPG

I needed a crane to lift various items, so I rang the local Crane Hire Company 'I Hookem' & Son.
The boss came to have a look at the job to price it....

After swiveling his flat cap he said.
"Um, not straight forward is it? Could be a load of problems!"
He continued..
"I'll need to get the Local Council to do a risk assessment, contact Health and Safety, get the Police to close off the roads and harbour. Get the R.N.L.I. on standby in case my lads fall in the 'oggin as well. Also the crane jib might hit a building. I will need all the residents to prove they have the correct insurance cover, just in case."
"Before I am prepared to do anything, sign this disclaimer, this form and these three others. Can't be too careful. See you in three weeks - Providing the Council shape up!"

Mr. Chucumupp and his lads were sat within earshot enjoying well earned fish and chips.

After the tutting crane boss had left, Idu strolled over.
"Mr. Ron, dat man is crazy. Listen boss, me and my boys can have all dat stuff in place before dat honkey gets home!"

A price was agreed.
True to his word and apart from railings etc., Idu and his boys got stuck in and did all that I asked - And more. Now all I have to do was contact I. Hookem to say they were not required.......

Here is the pub nearly ready to accept customers. All loose fitted for a trial run. Handrails etc still to fit.

It's a good job it is fresh stream water coming out of the outlet pipe!

P1230665.JPG

P1230664.JPG

Cheers.
Ron