'A retirement home for Lucky XI'... Revell Tug Boat.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Superb result Ron, Mr. Chuckumup and the boys didn't let you down. I have now marked a spot in the corner of the patio where 453 and I can cool our heels and blow the froth off a couple of tall ones. Cheers, Rick H

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers all.
Fun is the name of the game and if I can provide just one ounce of that en-route then I am more than happy.

The peace is shattered.
A coach load of tourists has arrived and the only person smiling is 'King Edward' Edwards, the Chippy owner!

P1230667.JPG

We're doomed Mr. Mannerin'

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
What a coachload mate, hes going to be rubbing his hands in the chippy , is that a couple of mermaids i see near the end of the knife blade , you could have them reclining in the mud !

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Mud wrestling mermaids! Now that would be a tourist attraction.......:astonished:

Apart from adding a few punters, I've pretty well finished 'The Clacker' pub. I couldn't decide what sort of safety railings to fix, then I remembered seeing clear sheeting used, so I cut some plastic sheets to size and fitted those. I think it looks better than solid timber railings.

I made a couple of benches for the pub too. One for 453 and Rick H on the patio and one large one inside for Hen Parties.
P1230672.JPG

The Clacker.
P1230673.JPG

P1230674.JPG

I've built a bit more stone wall to follow the stair rake.
P1230675.JPG

Cheers all.
Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ron, you've done it again! Top work and I am thirsty for a Brewski! Thanks for saving a spot for 453 and myself. Cheers, Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Ron,

Who's the Honkey in the 2nd picture above the sign??? Is that I. Hookem??? This is moggelling at it's best Buddy. Fantastic yarn spinning that gets better all the time. Will we ever see the tugboat again???

Prost
Allen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Once again, thank you all for your most excellent comments. Love 'em all!

Ok Ron,
Will we ever see the tugboat again???
Prost
Allen

Here you go Allen. Finished at last.
The tug looked too clean and not 'Busy' enough, so I went back to it, added more rigging and all sorts of stuff, including a washing line!
P1230700.JPG

P1230699.JPG

P1230693.JPG

...and of course tins of paint and the Red Duster.
P1230696.JPG

P1230701.JPG

I had to include some sort of reference to Zulus in this build so here is the phonetic Z (Zulu) flag which very aptly means "I need a Tug!"
P1230698.JPG

I intended to buy some rubber tyres for fenders 'till I saw the price!.... :astonished: So I added some more thread to the kit fenders to make them look worn and neglected. I only modified the port side ones as the others will be up against the jetty and not seen.
Plenty of washing out to dry too....
P1230702.JPG

P1230703.JPG

She is now finally ready to be moored up and secured to the jetty.

Cheers.
Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
... and I thought you said the background detail might overwhelm the boat detail! Great work as usual Ron!

A visit to your local charity shop might yield some cheap rubber tyres from old Dinky/Corgi model cars - even if you have to buy the whole car.

Alun Wells

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alun
Hi Ron,
Great stuff, love the details, the background, and the boat is tremendous.
Sorry only just seen your message, yes very busy, lemmings have arrived, just moved in to our new £2m home, new boat arrived so conversion training underway. Had to put modelling on the backburner for now, but still looking for future projects.
Cheers
Alun

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A visit to your local charity shop might yield some cheap rubber tyres from old Dinky/Corgi model cars - even if you have to buy the whole car.

Thanks Dave and thank too for the good tip.
I had a look on eBay, but all the dinky toy tyres seem to be smooth with no tread pattern, but next time I'm passing a charity shop I'll take a look.

Thanks Alun, Glad you like the build thus far.
You and the lads stay safe and look after your new boat 'cos I bought a bit of it!

Ron