a wee compettition.

A

adzam

ok doke guys, as can be seen in this thread HERE i have a new addition,

this model just needs a couple touches, maybe a figure or two,

but what is more important ( to me anyways) is a name for this boat.

So.....

any ideas, please post below. keep `em clean ;)

so come on people, get posting.

i`ll evaluate what answers we have at the weekend, and will close the comp a week from saturday. ( july 17th)

there is a small prize to the person with the best entry. the prize is a copy of "jane`s warships recognition guide"

to be judged by myself :bangin: and sonic :busted_re

please note, only registered users of this forum are open to winning the prize, but any member can post a suggestion. ( registered members 10 posts and above so :poster_no )

the prize is a small token, no cash alternative etc etc

so , get thinking guys. :play_ball

D

duncan

"Rose" naw..Thistle maybe. How about "Silver Darling" after the fishers`name for the herring they hunted?

A

alanb

Why not call it

"Ocean Harvest"

" Provider"

"Forth Ranger"

"Lothian Rose"

"Harvest Reaper"

Just a few suggestions

A

ajg141

'Fisher Rose' is a pun on the harbour where my father used to berth his 'Cygnet' in the '60's!

D

duncan

Fisher Rose ? I dont get the pun AJG ..am a bit dim:noidea:

A

ajg141

Duncan

I know my puns aren't up to much but try Fisherrow - just down the road a wee bit from Leith. They used to have fishing boats there years ago!

N

noobee captain

Adamz,

I thought long and hard and came up with the flippant answers of "Adamz Folly" and "Fisher Queen" but finally came back to my original though - based on the Prize - Lady Jane.

D

duncan

: Ajg, That would cover street names in just about every fishing village on the NE coast and round the Moray Firth, they all seem to have a Fisher Row. Thought there might have been an obscure link to caviar/fish roe. eggs or .....Nah. Great looking model, some wee fish in the scuppers would be good. Like the rusty chain and orange net.:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

A

ajg141

Don't know if you are already aware of this Adzam but I have just discovered on: www.denholma.freeserve.co.uk that your boat was originally named 'CARRIE BII' and was built in 1988. The weight of the boat is 4 tons and she is described as a 'potter'. Apparently a photo of the original is available from the above site.

AJG

A

adzam

thanx for that ajg, unfortunately you have to pay to get a pic.

pity, would of been nice to see.

N

noobee captain

If she is a "Potter" then a dignified name like the Lady Lillian.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
'Sailbad the sinner' or 'Captain Sailbad' for a wee bit of fun !

A

adzam

any more for any more ???

keep `em comin guys`, i`m gonna finnish this one of tommorow evening ( thursday)

however, as to some history of the boat........

scratch built, based loosely on a boat based in dunbar, the number it turns out is alanb`s house number :smiling3: (original eh ?) .

so .. al names and entry`s below pleae, one name from each member plz

c`mon guys one last push ..

A

adzam

oh no !!!

you know i completely forgot all about this , what with holidays etc etc

my apologies

i`ll posta winner this evening.

gives you an hour or so to put anylast minute ideas in.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I think /you should win ;)