AB-47 Esercito Italiano

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Mobear.

I did the other side today and started joining both sides together. The difficult part comes now for the front part of the structure that is not straight. I also have to decide how to do the final rod holding the tail rotor, maybe reusing the one of the kit?

To use thinners one for the middle tubes? That's a good idea, but I want to see before the robustness with this diameter before. Up to now it looks quite flexible, maybe too much.

Regarding the sprue melting, actually I'm using styrene rods and taking advantage of this. I cut the rods a little bit longer, I fix them and, when solid, I "paint" the junction with Tamiya glue so to melt them like they were soldered. This way I don't even have to take care of the degree of the cut. Of course it will be more difficult with thinner rods.

Francesco

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice scratch building Francesco. I didn't think the kit fuselage frames were too much out of scale but you've done a good job on yours.

P

Polux

This is coming along very nicely.

Excellent work so far, is hard to believe it's 1/72!

Polux

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you again, really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

This is the status right before lunch, with the new tail fin. Some rework is needed on the front upper part, then all the joints have to be smoothed/puttied.

View attachment 74017

Thanks again for following.

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385833216.746482.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The tubing is looking good Francesco. Once you get that cockpit and engine on it will come to life.

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Joe,

Still have some work to do on the engine (mainly pipes), then I can start assembling all together.

Francesco

A

AlasdairGF

Jeez, there's not much to these wee things is there? Your scratch-built boom looks great... googled for some images of the H-13 Sioux, and the smaller the tube diameter you've managed makes it look far better.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
amazing work francesco , the boom looks fantastic, keep it up matey , cheers tony

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you mates.

Slowly moving on now. Working to complete the tail with the oil tank, stabilizers, some pipes, battery and tail end and rotor. It will take few more days to complete this part.

I've sprayed some Gunze gloss on stabilizers and got a non smooth surface, transparent was thinned 50/50 with IPA. I will spray another layer today, suggestions?

Thank you for following.

Francesco

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is looking the business now Francesco, superb build. Really like this mate.

Si:smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

:sad: one wrongly applied decal and one destroyed ...

Tempted to throw it away now :sad: :sad: :sad:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking very nice now Farncesco, good job on the engine installation and all that tubing

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you mates.

Yesterday I completed the tail, added guide wire to the rotor, mounted the avionics module. Today I assembled and painted fuel tanks and the top castle, fixed and painted the cabin side damaged to remove the decal.

I'm still trying to remove without damage the decal on the tail, but I'm not positive. It's taking a bath since more than one hour and it doesn't move yet. I will leave it overnight and see tomorrow morning.

Still have to complete support for the tanks and the torque tube, then all the pieces should be there for the final assembly. I'm starting to see the light.

Francesco

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cant wait to see it Francesco , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking at the detail you;re putting into this build Francesco, I think I will not be attempting mine for a while yet.