ACADEMY M3 GRANT.

R

rememal

Not the best kit I have ever built, fit was, for the most part, poor, and fought all the way, a few times I was ready to throw it out of the window, but managed to control the urge and in the end I was quite pleased with the end result.

Quite a few bits were added as the basic kit lacked a lot of parts that should have been there, eg the drivers periscope in the hull roof, no turret interior other than the gun breach.View attachment 107805

View attachment 107806

View attachment 107807

View attachment 107808

View attachment 107809

View attachment 107810

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very good Malcolm I like that a lot , I'm after this one but the only one they have by me is the lee

R

rememal

The upper hull is the problem with this kit, it is a multi-part build and every thing has to line up perfect or there will be curse words used in abundance.

First Name
Robert
That is a stunning piece of work that you have created I especially like the interior and the weathering you have created. Are you going to put it in a dio? ( think I see a crusader in the background?

Awesome

Robert

R

rememal

That is the plan, as I already have a finished Crusader with the same markings, a local Regiment, the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
That is the plan, as I already have a finished Crusader with the same markings, a local Regiment, the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry.
H

\ said:
Hi Malcolm your a star really you are. My grandfather was with the yeomanry in North Africa ( Royal artillery ) I did a 25pounder gun carriage on here ( it looked I think with the Canadian tractor although I know my geandfather who was a loader never pretty said they had any ( yank equipment!! )

He was involved in the push on Tobruk and then went up through Italy fighting towards the allied landings in 1944.

R

rememal

He probably had a Morris Quad Tractor.

I believe that SKP Models do one now, but for silly money.

First Name
Robert
You have made my day ( I never did my quad with open cab but you have filled it with gear that is spot on ( better than my attempt, I do remember he saying he hated the job at times as he got a lot of flak from the British infantry saying your the b##### who shelled us this morning etc etc a bit harsh you would think but then again war is never pretty!! He passed away in 1983

Robert

J

John Rixon

Looks good! I am building the Academy Lee, and suspect the same issues! Decided to build it as a wreck…!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
He probably had a Morris Quad Tractor.
I believe that SKP Models do one now, but for silly money.
Yes they do and yes it was not the cheapest kit I have bought.

\ said:
Looks good! I am building the Academy Lee, and suspect the same issues! Decided to build it as a wreck…!
I have built this and it went together rather well. Yes, it was a bit fiddly at times but the only thing I had problems with was the side cannon as far as I recall.

It's one of those "take your time" kits.

Despite your issues with it you have made a great job of it Malcolm

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice Grant Malcolm, and the detail you've added really makes for a more interesting/accurate interior.

Cheers

P

R

rememal

\ said:
You have made my day ( I never did my quad with open cab but you have filled it with gear that is spot on ( better than my attempt, I do remember he saying he hated the job at times as he got a lot of flak from the British infantry saying your the b##### who shelled us this morning etc etc a bit harsh you would think but then again war is never pretty!! He passed away in 1983
Robert
That`s why they got the nick-name of `Drop Shorts`.

S

steve scan

Never done much for me this tank Malcom but you have made a great job of this, I could even be tempted to do one.