Afghanistan WKIM Airfix 1/48

S

steve scan

Coming along nicely Laurie, great work. I am about to give in and get myself some of the Herrick sets.

L

Laurie

\ said:
Coming along nicely Laurie, great work. I am about to give in and get myself some of the Herrick sets.
Hi Steve. I have bought the whole lot both vehicles and the Merlin and Lynx helicopter. So have my work cut out. All the Herrick range are new. If the Merlin and the WKIM Landrover are anything to go by I should enjoy the remainder.

Should look good all together in a setting (not diorama) which is what I have set out to do. May digress every now and then to build an odd aircraft to ensure I do not get stale. Really looking forward to the Lynx.

Laurie

D

dougie

Subscribed, I was looking at these too in the local shop, quite fancy doing this and the lynx one I think it was.

Great job on the worn look and the wheels look great as well

L

Laurie

Here we are the Landrover in the finishing straight. More to be done on the weathering as this is round one so to speak.

The model includes a canopy roof over the driver. 99% of the WMIK types I have looked at in reality do not have them so I have left it off.

Airfix as is there way do not supply the figures with the model you have to buy a a separate entity. Clever little trick. They are for the Jackal and Coyote in fact. But shed a bit from the drivers bum and it works.

Laurie

View attachment 101296

View attachment 101297

View attachment 101298

View attachment 101299

View attachment 101300

View attachment 101301

View attachment 101302

View attachment 101303

9.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great progress Laurie,liking the look of this one so far,

nice work on weathering the wheels,and nice so far on the figures as well ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As said by others, this is looking very good Laurie. You sure this is your first non-flying thing!

Ian M

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Looks good to me Laurie .......... Like it.

Peter

L

Laurie

\ said:
As said by others, this is looking very good Laurie. You sure this is your first non-flying thing! Ian M
Yes it is Ian and it has been very enjoyable. I suspect that aircraft will remain my favourite. I have all the remaining Herrick ones yet.

But I have next on the shelf, which has been waiting, the first model I ever bought. A Gloster Galdiator 1/72. Dead easy only 25 pieces. I put it aside at the time as it has a load of rigging which phased me.

Laurie

0ne48thtel

Just caught up with this one Laurie and it's looking great.

T

treyzx10r

Just caught up with this one Laurie its really looking great!