Airborne01's fd.kfz 7. Dragon, 1/35

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Didn't realise I may have over committed due to a surfeit of wingy fingies and work at school! However, here's my entry, may run out of time but will at least get the prime mover built! Here's the mandatory entree ( less the decals - sorry!)
Steve
IMG_0799.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0802.jpgIMG_0803.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That looks a nice but testing kit Steve. Lots of parts and Dragon instructions. Front and centre please.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Steve, it looks like you have your work cut out for you when you start this. Just hope you're stocking up on the grape for when you start this puppy!!! You gonna need it Sir..........

Prost
Allen

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well Steve, it looks like you have your work cut out for you when you start this. Just hope you're stocking up on the grape for when you start this puppy!!! You gonna need it Sir..........

Prost
Allen
Grape? I'm now a confirmed water addict (and serial liar my wife says ...) Well, I do shower occasionally ...!
Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Welcome aboard Steve. Yet another different kit to add to the list!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Will be watching in the wings as I'm not in this GB.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimmin Eck that's a lot of bits!!
Obviously I'm in as well Steve..... :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Not usually Los...They want to empty your wallet more by having you buy their figure sets too!!!...
My 251 kit came with figures, that went straight into one of my figures boxes because I won’t be using them … So I guess from a sample size of 2, the conclusion is that the kits don’t come with figures unless you don’t intend to use them ;)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Does Dragon not include any crew?
I have a set of 6 figures from Masterbox called 'Off to the front' - Vehicle riders (MB35137) that I intend to adapt (if necessary) to fit in the prime mover - may be a little later than the Endex for the GB but they're about the only game in town unless I buy very expensive, individual, resin figures! Wish me luck!
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The figures from the Tamiya FAMO would probably fit well too, though they’re not really up to the latest standards. You might be able to get them from someone who built that kit and didn’t use the crew, I suppose.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The figures from the Tamiya FAMO would probably fit well too, though they’re not really up to the latest standards. You might be able to get them from someone who built that kit and didn’t use the crew, I suppose.
Thanks for that Jakko! I have several of the self-same figures and, as you say, they need a 'little' work - if I go that route then I may need a new vacuum cleaner for the man cave! Still, no guts - no glory!
Steve

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Managed to make the chassis - almost complete but winch cable, hydraulics, engine plumbing and touch-ups to do. Just started on fuel tank and running gear but will be slow in posting next stage as I'm locum caretaker next week. Had a nightmare as, having posted these photos, realised the front engine mounts had disengaged - however CA and brute force solved that! My SWMBO asked 'Why bother with detailing when you won't see it once completed? I replied with the immortal words of Peregrine Ayrfix Carpet Monstre - 'Cos I know it's there ...' (Sorry, jacket on and leaving ...)
SteveIMG_0807 (1).jpgIMG_0806 (1).jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That's looking real good Steve and you're off to a great start!!! Yeah, we all have that same thought and we (ourselves) do have that satisfaction of knowing it's there............And................Never to be seen again!!!.........

Prost
Allen