Airborne's Bussing-Nag Recovery Vehicle - I Hope!

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
I really like how it's looking Steve.
Well done for not binning it, from my point of view it's heading towards a spectacular finale.
/ one that doesn't involve you driving all the way to Eastbourne...

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I really like how it's looking Steve.
Well done for not binning it, from my point of view it's heading towards a spectacular finale.
/ one that doesn't involve you driving all the way to Eastbourne...
At my age I may be afraid of heights Dan! The results of misjudging the available airspace still lingers in my aches and pains! :face-with-head-bandage:
Steve

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
As someone who finds it hard enough to get on a plane at the best of times, (let alone throw myself out of a perfectly good one) I am honour bound to quote an RAF mate who told me " It's not the height that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end".

I'm sure finishing the kit would be preferable.....

Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As someone who finds it hard enough to get on a plane at the best of times, (let alone throw myself out of a perfectly good one) I am honour bound to quote an RAF mate who told me " It's not the height that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end".

I'm sure finishing the kit would be preferable.....
I concur O Husband of SWMBO Mk1!! (PS : You have RAF mates .....?)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well, at least it's good to know you are at the "Jumping Off" point of this build :thumb2: :tongue-out3: now all you have to do is finish it!;) Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Steve keep going you got this beat into Submission. If you have to turn the Hose on Rick H. when he doesn’t behave then do so then call Nurse Ratchet on him that usually straightens him up. Lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad you decided to keep this going Steve, you can do it .
It's looking top rate so far , paint work looking good .

It's only me that turns builds into wreaks !

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Glad you decided to keep this going Steve, you can do it .
It's looking top rate so far , paint work looking good .

It's only me that turns builds into wreaks !
No JR you turn Builds into Fire Remember lol. it’s Ok Buddy

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A narcissistic climber who sacrificed his troopers for his ego to a better general, Sitting Bull. Geronimo fought for his tribes' land for 30 years, out numbered & outgunned Tim. Great work BTW Steve.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Completely missed the latest updates... Looking very good indeed!!

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
A narcissistic climber who sacrificed his troopers for his ego to a better general, Sitting Bull. Geronimo fought for his tribes' land for 30 years, out numbered & outgunned Tim. Great work BTW Steve.
Absolutely agree Paul. The Native American nickname “Hard backsides” summed up his lack of ability rather well….

If you haven’t heard it, listen to the “Ballad of Custer” by Johnny Cash . Absolutely nails his character! ….And the general he don’t ride well anymore….

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I went to the battle site on my post-military travels (Getting rid of the regimentation to become a fully paid up Civvie (Didn't work though!!)) - the grave markers give a sobering insight into the progress of the battle - professional warriors against amateur 'professional soldiers' :loudly-crying: Battlefield tours can be illuminating whilst, at the same time, immensely depressing. As Joan Baez sang' Where have all the flowers gone .... ?

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Never been to greasy grass Steve, but I did go to Wounded Knee and pay my respects.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking good Steve especially the greasy flatbed top. Apologies for coming in so late but flipping through I see you had some battles and minor skirmishes with the kit and won. Well worth the perseverance. No need for Matron or the trip to the coast. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard