Airfix Opel Blitz & Pak40 - H0/00 Scale

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This is finished............. Or as Finished as It'll get........ I really enjoyed this one. It's straight out of the box apart from the Aircraft recognition flag on top....... It went together well and no dramas. Apart from the door-mirror breaking up while I was getting it off the sprue.......... So I made another one.

Airfix Opel Blitz & PAK40 - HO/00 Scale

3rd Panzer Division - Eastern Front.

Comments Positive, Negative or Totally Ambivalent are always appreciated.

The build thread is here:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/airfix-opel-blitz-truck-pak-40-h0-00-scale.33025/

DSCN2333.JPG

DSCN2336.JPG

DSCN2344.JPG

DSCN2348.JPG

DSCN2352.JPG

DSCN2358.JPG

DSCN2361.JPG

DSCN2362.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's a cracker Peter and a great paint job on such a small build I like it

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
That's a cracker Peter and a great paint job on such a small build I like it
Thanks Alan ........ Your comments are much appreciated.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Titchy thing, quality build, nice job.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Titchy thing, quality build, nice job.
Thanks Si .......... Much appreciated mate. I'm going to try for some better photos in the daylight.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Very nice Peter, good touch with the flag, yeah get some lights on the shots

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Very nice Peter, good touch with the flag, yeah get some lights on the shots
Thanks Phil..... your comments are appreciated.

F

Fenlander

Great to see someone championing the 1/72 - 1/76 scale. I think it fair to say that most modellers over a certain age started with this scale and built many Frog, Airfix's and Matchbox kits over the years. Good work Peter.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Great to see someone championing the 1/72 - 1/76 scale. I think it fair to say that most modellers over a certain age started with this scale and built many Frog, Airfix's and Matchbox kits over the years. Good work Peter.
Thanks Graham. Your comments are appreciated....... As you said we all started on this scale. I`'ve built loads of 1/35 scale and generally they are quite complex and protracted. I tend to get a bit hacked off with the long-area builds, and get bored. The small scale stuff, whilst rather fiddly tends to be a bit quicker.......... So I guess I`m back where I started when I was 11 :confused:

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Thanks Graham. Your comments are appreciated....... As you said we all started on this scale. I`'ve built loads of 1/35 scale and generally they are quite complex and protracted. I tend to get a bit hacked off with the long-area builds, and get bored. The small scale stuff, whilst rather fiddly tends to be a bit quicker.......... So I guess I`m back where I started when I was 11 :confused:
I'll agree with you 100% on your comments Peter ( you make quite a lot of sense in your wordings, I have just started into armour and I'm finding it difficult to get my Panzer IV quite the way I want it. I like your approach to the small kits and your making them to the quality you would see in such larger scales ( this is a nack you have achieved and for an 11 yr old too!!!

I'm very impressed with this 110%

I have followed the thread sine you started the lilliput kit and I'm impressed with your finish ( did I say impressed?

Great build

Regards

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
for such a wee,kit Peter you have done a great build paint on it,

very well done,I do like it, ;)

thats why I build 1.35 ,just cannot handle these wee ones,any more,and I just dont get enjoyment from them,

maybe just me:confused:,:rolleyes:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I'll agree with you 100% on your comments Peter ( you make quite a lot of sense in your wordings, I have just started into armour and I'm finding it difficult to get my Panzer IV quite the way I want it. I like your approach to the small kits and your making them to the quality you would see in such larger scales ( this is a nack you have achieved and for an 11 yr old too!!!
I'm very impressed with this 110%

I have followed the thread sine you started the lilliput kit and I'm impressed with your finish ( did I say impressed?

Great build

Regards

Robert
Thanks Robert. Your comments are very much appreciated mate......... I have quite a stack of 1/72 kits that need my attention.... But, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next... .... ?

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
for such a wee,kit Peter you have done a great build paint on it,
very well done,I do like it, ;)

thats why I build 1.35 ,just cannot handle these wee ones,any more,and I just dont get enjoyment from them,

maybe just me:confused:,:rolleyes:
Thanks Monica That is appreciated....... I'm not sure why you think you can`t handle the little scale, when you produce stunning work on the little figures ???

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thanks Monica That is appreciated....... I'm not sure why you think you can`t handle the little scale, when you produce stunning work on the little figures ???
oh lol ;)

that is so very true,I just think i like the bigger scale better ,for some reason,I,sell over 90,1.72 scale kits which gave me money to buy my last 2 hauls,of 1.35,

just small and fidly lol,oh my eyes hurt so thinking of it, :D

very much appreciated comment, ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

It's always nice to do something quick and fun.

Great little model.

D

dubster72

That's a very nice job there Peter. Braille scale isn't easy, but somehow very rewarding when it turns out well ;)

Will you be doing a little base for it? That would set it off a treat

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work there Peter you wouldn't know it was that small until you put it next to the paint pot, and I really like the flag on top. Well worth a great build doodab.