Airfix Stuka Ju 87B-2 1/48

• Thread starter Airfix Modeller Freak
  • Start date
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I have just started the Airfix Stuka today with my newly bought A.B . It is AWESOME! Photos will soon follow....

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ooh nice John, how did you find it no problems ? grats on the buy :rolleyes:

look forward to seeing how it turns out o_O

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

The detailing paint job is not great as this is just the first paint...

I will correct it in the next coming photos. Any cockpit photos posted of Stukas would be very helpful for my build...

Thanks, John

D

dubster72

Along for the ride John! I'm interested in seeing how this kit goes together & you can't beat a Stuka!

Cheers

Patrick

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Eduard included beautiful seatbelts in their photo etch fret which I greatly appreciated.... They went on without a hitch. I just put the fuselage together today which showed that the surfaces had a cliff that sanding could not remedy, so I had to use lots and lots of filler to cover it up. I just started spraying the first camo coat as well.

John

View attachment 80607

View attachment 80608

View attachment 80609

View attachment 80610

DSC02378.JPG

DSC02366.JPG

DSC02361.JPG

DSC02372.JPG

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I added vallejo's grey wash to give it a dirty colour as well..

D

dubster72

Those seatbelts do look great & well painted too!

Is this kit the new tooling? If so, its a shame about the fit problem.

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Dave
This is the old tool Stuka.I made one a couple of years ago and found it builds into a nice model.

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
I just put the fuselage together today which showed that the surfaces had a cliff that sanding could not remedy, so I had to use lots and lots of filler to cover it up. John
Sometimes it is worth remembering that if you have a really bad joint it may be a better option to remove the locating pins and align the joint manually. Possibly align it with clamps and tape etc then apply a couple of spots of cement on the surface. When they are completely set in a day or two remove the clamps and brush liquid poly along the joint., capilliary action will take the glue into the joint The only thing you should have left to remedy is the raised spots of cement.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking nice John, seems a nice kit and you seem to be having fun with your AB!

Si:smiling3:

W

Willi262

I am especially impressed with the detail of the seatbelts.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nnniiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccceeeeeeee!!! :D

Lee:smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

If you have noticed in the first photo in the second posting of photos, I have scratch built an ammo belt.... Any reply on this and if anything is wrong, some constructive feedback would be appreciated. The eduard seatbelts were exceptional, yes I completely agree. Their photo etch metal was not wafer thin, nor was it overly thick. The instrument panels were also well developed. A little nice touch would be to have some parts self adhesive, but overall I would give 5***** to eduard on this product. I have been experiencing some problems in my airbrushing where the paint seems overly clear and sprays well, but too runny. Does this mean I have been using too much thinner?

John

D

dubster72

What paint are you using John? If it's Vallejo, then it's normal & preferable to have a couple of thin, almost translucent coats at first.

The subsequent coats will go down fine with good colour coverage. For Model Colour my ratio is 4:1 thinner/ paint & Model Air 1:1.

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Dave
\ said:
If you have noticed in the first photo in the second posting of photos, I have scratch built an ammo belt.... Any reply on this and if anything is wrong, some constructive feedback would be appreciated. The eduard seatbelts were exceptional, yes I completely agree. Their photo etch metal was not wafer thin, nor was it overly thick. The instrument panels were also well developed. A little nice touch would be to have some parts self adhesive, but overall I would give 5***** to eduard on this product. I have been experiencing some problems in my airbrushing where the paint seems overly clear and sprays well, but too runny. Does this mean I have been using too much thinner?John
Eduard do make self adhesive PE sets.But when I used one on my TSR2 I found they didn't stick very well.So I ended up glueing them on with CA.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work on the actuators and dive brakes John.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John, your added details are making this into an excellent build...

Lee :smiling3: