Airfix Stuka Ju 87B-2 1/48

• Thread starter Airfix Modeller Freak
  • Start date
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I am in Modeller's depression... I have lost the rear facing MG 81. Looks as if I have to get eduards brassin sets. If anybody can help, I will gladly pay the postage..

John :sad:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good progress John, a shame about the machine gun but the rest of it is looking pretty good.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work so far John, the detailing in the cockpit i real like and that seat turned out so well,

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Recently, I bought the Gunze bottle opener set due to many of my Mr Hobby paints getting really tight and unable to be opened.. I bought this to open it and it worked really well with the bottom stuff being really grippy and the top sliding on perfectly and opening it really neatly. It opens all three types of Gunze paint jarts as well. Apparently, It works well for the Tamiya paint jars as well. So if you use either of these paint brands, this is a must. I started painting the upper camouflage as well and that went extremely well along with the masking. In my opinion, I find luftwaffe camouflage the easiest WW2 camo to paint using airbrushes.

John

View attachment 80934

View attachment 80935

View attachment 80936

View attachment 80937

View attachment 80938

View attachment 80939

View attachment 80940

View attachment 80941

View attachment 80942

View attachment 80943

DSC02400.JPG

DSC02401.JPG

DSC02402.JPG

DSC02403.JPG

DSC02404.JPG

DSC02405.JPG

DSC02406.JPG

DSC02407.JPG

DSC02408.JPG

DSC02409.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along nicely John, i do like the camo , with the straight lines as well,

looks to be very handy ,and i find the same very thing happening, i run under worm to hot water,

then use the handle of a pair off pliers , to open, nice little tool to have about,thanks for showing,

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
coming along nicely John, i do like the camo , with the straight lines as well,looks to be very handy ,and i find the same very thing happening, i run under worm to hot water,

then use the handle of a pair off pliers , to open, nice little tool to have about,thanks for showing,
Yep it is very handy and good to use with my tamiya and gunze Mr hobby paints as I didn't use one pot of paint for about 4 months and it was gummed up rock hard due to the paint residue getting stuck in the thread. So as an easy way to avoid this, always wipe the threads before replacing the cap...

John

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta John , you know i never do that at all and as you said it will help :rolleyes:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
ta John , you know i never do that at all and as you said it will help :rolleyes:
Yep and it is a lot cheaper than getting the actual gunze tool as it costed around 17 aistralian dollars!

John

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh ouch ,i real hate the cost of any think to do with the word Hobby they mark it up by !00 % for that word

i hate to say but i can get most things cheaper oversea, ,just dont like the waiting part thats all,

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
oh ouch ,i real hate the cost of any think to do with the word Hobby they mark it up by !00 % for that wordi hate to say but i can get most things cheaper oversea, ,just dont like the waiting part thats all,
I agree as I normally buy aftermarket parts off ebay for great prices, but again it is the waiting part I hate. Stupid why enamels can't be sent through post and - always have to get them from my hobby supplier. In the case of the cap opener, I had a whole project pending because of the stuck paint bottle syndrome.- then was forced to buy it.

John

Last edited:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i think there is away around have enamels sent,but alot off messing about, but i find i can order from the US, or UK for cheaper even with postage, than waiting for it to be order in for me a higher cost

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

The camouflage painting is now officially finished except for a few minor points where the paint has strayed onto the lower sections of the plane. I should be putting a varnih (gloss) tomorrow. I found the transparencies to fit beautifully and be nice and clear. (Not something I would expect from an OLD TOOL kit from Airfix) I have started masking and paining the canopy as well. The undercarriage was of course really sturdy due to it being a fixed undercarriage and it is now fixed to the aircraft. It was attached using cyanoacrylate due to the long waiting time of liquid poly and A stronger bond for the place where the most stress would be.

John

View attachment 81099

View attachment 81100

View attachment 81101

View attachment 81102

DSC02431.JPG

DSC02432.JPG

DSC02419.JPG

DSC02424.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice job John she,s turned out well,like the camo, nice straight lines,:rolleyes:

good luck with the hard part, masking the canopy o_O

and all with your new AB,

I do realy need to get some claer off some type as well ,none off my have been sealed :confused:

should of been reading all the posts about it , oops,:oops:

look forward to next update,

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I just laid down the varnish yesterday and it showed up beuat without any frosting. That was what was really afraid of. I used satin varnish which covered my weathering great without any mistakes. The airbrush weathered great with cordite staining from the guns and exhaust from the exhaust stacks. Pictures will follow soon. Happy Easter Sunday! :smiling3:

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I just laid down the varnish yesterday and it showed up beuat without any frosting. That was what was really afraid of. I used satin varnish which covered my weathering great without any mistakes. The airbrush weathered great with cordite staining from the guns and exhaust from the exhaust stacks. Pictures will follow soon. Happy Easter Sunday! :smiling3:

John

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
look forward to seeing the pic ;) ,and happy Easter to yo and yours , cheers Moni :cool:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I added some extra detail to the bombs by gluing brass strips between the fins and it worked beautifully, imitating the real Luftwaffe bombs great. The vallejo liquid masks and decal fix and medium worked brilliantly, bonding the decals and conforming the decals to the surface. I have included a pic of my opened airbrush. The finish and second coat of the varnish was great and really lifted the standard of the surface. I am now going to reveal the plans for this...This is my entrant model for the Australian model expo.

John :smiling3:

View attachment 81185

View attachment 81186

View attachment 81187

View attachment 81188

View attachment 81189

View attachment 81190

View attachment 81191

DSC02466.JPG

DSC02467.JPG

DSC02468.JPG

DSC02469.JPG

DSC02452.JPG

DSC02462.JPG

DSC02457.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh wow John that's why you have taken so much time and care :rolleyes: good on you for doing it and all the best , and good luck, my friend :D

I think you have done a top job on it, ;) that little bit dose add to the bombs and looks good, nice attention to detail ,

i have to ask,because im a noob, i take it that the decal medium is used instead of water ? and the fix is what it says

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top work John, the paintwork is looking superb. Some really nice details, like this very much.

Si:smiling3: