Airfix Stuka Ju 87B-2 1/48

• Thread starter Airfix Modeller Freak
  • Start date
M

mobear

love the stuka,the decal fix makes the decal sit right down as far as i can make out so the details under stay in view

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
oh wow John that's why you have taken so much time and care :rolleyes: good on you for doing it and all the best , and good luck, my friend :D I think you have done a top job on it, ;) that little bit dose add to the bombs and looks good, nice attention to detail ,

i have to ask,because im a noob, i take it that the decal medium is used instead of water ? and the fix is what it says
The decal fix is applied first to be like an adhesive and the medium softens the decal to make it conform to the surface. They work absolutely superb.

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Also, I checked the model today and found the decal to have bedded down perfectly, conforming to the rivet detail and looking as if it had been painted on. Just need to blend it in now as it seems a little too stark at the moment. 5***** to vallejo on their decal fix and medium, it is the best I have used so far.

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta john, i will have to give them a try , helps first to get them ,glad they turned out well,

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

The humbrol satin varnish has also made the decal form nicely into the surface, making no ridge where the decal and panel surface is. I just dropped by my hobby shop to get some stuff and unfortunately, I found it was closed :sad:

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi John today is Easter Monday for us ,most things are closed, i just had a rest day, that wind was to cold for me,

is your local hobby shop the one in box hill ? metro ,i think you said that before,

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Keep up the great work on the Stuka John. It's a fantastic looking aircraft (in my opinion) and you seem to be cracking on with a great model of it.

All the best

Paul

Ps. Just finished one of these wicked looking dive bombers myself!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Great news! The Brassin MG 15 from eduard came today! The resin is cast brilliantly, without any flaws or bubbles and the photo etch fret is of course fine. This is up to the usual eduard standard.

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
The humbrol satin varnish has also made the decal form nicely into the surface, making no ridge where the decal and panel surface is. I just dropped by my hobby shop to get some stuff and unfortunately, I found it was closed :sad: John
Lol I just dropped in today and bought the stuff stupid me :smiling3:

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I just assembled the Machine gun today because I had gone for a holiday for a about a week. The resin was slightly warped, but was fixed with some hot water and bending. The Brassin MG fit nicely onto the plane without any major problems.

John