Airfix Supermarine Spitfire MkI/MkIIa

V

Vajled

are you using zoom on your photo?

if you are remember that only a little movement will blur your picture...

try without zoom and after crop picture eg. in acd see

Roman

T

tecdes

Scott do not know your camera. But first are you in auto which is the best way to start with a new camera until better organised with the camera.

Second if you are in auto mode do you have an automatic focus/exposure button to press prior to taking the picture. After pressing this adjusts focus & exposure before taking the picture.

Laurie

M

MrGotty

Yeh its on Auto, and I am not sure lol, I think its just because the parts are so small, erm... Il try using a Tripod tomorrow see if I can get a good picture that way.

Scott

T

tecdes

There is a clue in your last pictures Scott.

If you look at the background in the second picture above you will see that the wall paper is perfectly in focus.

Think you must be to close to the subject. Had a look at the instructions but it does not given the minimum distance that you can approach the subject. If you try testing at different distances this will give the closest you can get.

Also try as some one mentioned above with macro.

Laurie

M

MrGotty

Hey guys here is some progress, finished pilot and cockpit, now just need to do cockpit side panels inside fuselage, also did a dry run of the fuselage and wings, I tried some different things to take pictures and they have come out a bit better so here you go and I hope you like it so far :smiling3:

View attachment 40897View attachment 40898View attachment 40899View attachment 40900View attachment 40901View attachment 40902View attachment 40903View attachment 40904

Thanks

Scott

View attachment 44569

View attachment 44570

View attachment 44571

View attachment 44572

View attachment 44573

View attachment 44574

View attachment 44575

View attachment 44576

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

T

tecdes

\ said:
Hey guys here is some progress, finished pilot and cockpit, now just need to do cockpit side panels inside fuselage, also did a dry run of the fuselage and wings, I tried some different things to take pictures and they have come out a bit better so here you go and I hope you like it so far :smiling3:
40897-airfix-supermarine-spitfire-mki-mkiia-imag0061.jpg
40902-airfix-supermarine-spitfire-mki-mkiia-imag0066.jpg

Thanks

Scott
Scott sorry to go on mate but you are getting to close to your subject & in doing that you are out of focus.

Your first photo of the Spit was in focus & a 100% improvement. If you can improve the lighting that will help to get a really good image. Also if you look at the photo with the Airfix Box in the background that is in focus but the foreground is to close & out of the focus range of the camera. I know with the lens on my own camera that it is frustrating at times not to be able to get in really close. Just like our own eyes get in to close & you just cannot focus.

As mentioned before trial some photos to find your closest range. When taking as close as possible I measure the distance of the lens to the subject. If you can get this right you will do justice to your work. Worth trying macro on the close up of your figures. I would also ditch the white background as the camera is exposing for the white & not the figures. If you put your figures against the green cutting board you will get a better exposure while using the camera in automatic. Looked at the instructions & they are completly silent on the lens spec. focus range.

Laurie

V

Vajled

you are on the right path joung jedi :smiling3:

work what have you done it so far is great...

Tomorow I will start what I have promised... and also you got PM :smiling3:

Roman

R

rover420

Scott Just made two of these and both out of the box. Fantastic little gems. Pics on my gallery of the Mk IIa. Mixed up all sorts of paint for it! Nothing out of the tin or tub on that sideof it. Vallejo, Tamiya and I think I used some Xtracryls aswell. Got to get some more and do some hybrid work on them (after the 1/32 Hawk!). Keep going. I know how you feel with the short modelling time (Wife, Foster kids, DECORATING!!! :sad: )View attachment 40915

View attachment 44587

Bette 1.jpg

M

MrGotty

Thanks laurie I will keep at it and see what I can do, Thanks Roman, I am really enjoying this so far, thats all that matters at the moment, enjoy it and learn :smiling3:

Hey Rover that looks great, hope mine turns out that well :smiling3: Nice job! I use humbrol enamels but Il have to use Tamiya Acrlyic for underneath the plane as the modelling shop didnt have the color I needed in Humbrol Enamels, so gave me an Acrylic instead :smiling3: So yeh lol

Thanks

Scott

T

tecdes

\ said:
Thanks laurie I will keep at it and see what I can do, Thanks Roman, I am really enjoying this so far, thats all that matters at the moment, enjoy it and learn :smiling3: Hey Rover that looks great, hope mine turns out that well :smiling3: Nice job! I use humbrol enamels but Il have to use Tamiya Acrlyic for underneath the plane as the modelling shop didnt have the color I needed in Humbrol Enamels, so gave me an Acrylic instead :smiling3: So yeh lol

Thanks

Scott
Like your enthusiasm Scott.

On the paint Scott watch out mixing paint if they touch each. Not sure with your mixture but find out from this forum before using the acrylic. If nobody replies here I would start a new article stating you intentions etc.

Laurie

First Name
Aaron
Hey Scott, I'm building a polish clipped wing one of these do it's interesting to watch this one cheers

Graeme Nice job on yours too

T

tecdes

\ said:
Hey guys here are some more pictures of my progress, pilot is fitted and fuselage and wings glued together :smiling3: Just need to add the tail and tail wings then I think its ready for priming :smiling3:Let me know what you thinkThanks

Scott
Looking good Scott waiting with interest. Got the photography thing sorted as well photos look good.

Laurie

D

dubster72

That's looking good Scott, it's going to be a nice build.

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

that is awesome mate and i`m slightly jealous as its a 1/72 just too fiddly for me

mobear

M

MrGotty

Thanks for the lovely comments guys, motivates me to do more and more haha, if only I could haha really appreciate it :smiling3: @Mobear lol I know what you mean, its a struggle but I manage, can not wait to do a bigger model though, sticking with 1/72 for now as they are cheaper to practise on :smiling3: @Laurie, yup photos are looking good, it was because I was too close obviously, but also because the small parts are so small its very difficult to get a detailed shot :/ but oh well, at least its looking good :smiling3:

Thanks

Scott

T

tecdes

\ said:
@Laurie, yup photos are looking good, it was because I was too close obviously, but also because the small parts are so small its very difficult to get a detailed shot :/ but oh well, at least its looking good :smiling3: Thanks

Scott
Scott you can get over that close uo thing. First try the macro setting. If that does not work take the picture of the small part at the minimum distance of the focus as you have with the last set of pictures. Then using a photo programme, there are a number of freebies about, you can import the photo then enlarge as required. It would be best in this case to take the photos with a high resolution which you can alter in your menu. This will allow a better photo when enlarged. Then export ready for uploading.

Laurie