Lee
Looks good to me...

Lee :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice looking Mercedes there Ray. Paint has turned out well.

T

Trooper tk421

Thanks folks yeah had a minor problem with the clear coat but all good :smiling:

First Name
Robert
That looks spectacular ( nice paint job too )........,., how did you paint it was it ab or spray can ( car spray)

Regards

Robert

T

Trooper tk421

\ said:
Still looks good mate. what happened with the cc?
It all reacted went white in places but managed to polishing all out

T

Trooper tk421

\ said:
That looks spectacular ( nice paint job too )........,., how did you paint it was it ab or spray can ( car spray)
Regards

Robert
Yes all can spray painted. Cob acrylic

D

dougie

At least you got that sorted then. was it a gassing off problem or contamination

First Name
Gregg
Like this a lot, and like the open sunroof. Makes a change from all sealed up.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
I know its the car equivalent of a "tank", but did you have to paint it tank grey?? ;)

Just "yolking", looks a beast!

T

Trooper tk421

\ said:
At least you got that sorted then. was it a gassing off problem or contamination
Think.it may have been gassing off problem first I've had tbh

T

Trooper tk421

\ said:
I know its the car equivalent of a "tank", but did you have to paint it tank grey?? ;)
Just "yolking", looks a beast!
Haha it's actually gunmetal grey but it does look very tank grey

D

dougie

\ said:
Think.it may have been gassing off problem first I've had tbh
Not heard of fogging but there are lots of issues when painting cars and trying for a showroom finish. Gassing off can take weeks if not months if paint is on thick etc.

My next car build I'm going to try to have patience and coat it slowly and let it get plenty of curing time

T

Trooper tk421

\ said:
Not heard of fogging but there are lots of issues when painting cars and trying for a showroom finish. Gassing off can take weeks if not months if paint is on thick etc.
My next car build I'm going to try to have patience and coat it slowly and let it get plenty of curing time
I give it a few hours between coats. Only thing I can think of is wasn't a full can but I might swap from humbrol to rustoleum clear cote

D

dougie

Do you have an airbrush? The zero paints 1k is good. Like glass with some effort. Cures quite quick in my limited experience.

I've heard halfords clear is great.

Lastly that reminds me, I did destroy some paint when my Tamiya clear ran out in the rattle can, too much thinners came out with too little paint and it went a bit iffy.