Andrew's 1/35 North Africa Vignette (SimonT Tribute GB)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just caught up with everything Andrew, and it all looks to be some very nice work done so far.
Love those guns, they make a big difference.

Jim.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just caught up with everything Andrew, and it all looks to be some very nice work done so far.
Love those guns, they make a big difference.

Jim.
Thanks for the support Jim! They do look good don't they - although I'm not sure my credit card has the same opinion.....;)

ATB

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Andrew,

Sorry that I am 14 days late in on this, but I made it.....Been playing catch up and you are off to a super start and and turning this ancient kit into a top piece of work. It must be a bit easier than working in 1/72 for sure. Love the barrels and your welds too, but I'm not sure what you are going to do with the stepped on piece of popcorn in the last pic of your first post. Was the crew at the movies or something?????

I'm in for sure now Sir!!! Just gotta stay awake after work.......

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
You're allowed to use your credit card?!

View attachment 406346....Jim.
Not only that, although we have a proper budget, spreadsheet and all (c. 50ish savings, spending and expenses pots).... I'm the one who fills the purchases in and reconciles it..... Just think about it for a minute.....;)

And yes we are sad..... Oh and although it's a joint card, I'm the primary card holder too!!!!

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Evening Andrew,

Sorry that I am 14 days late in on this, but I made it.....Been playing catch up and you are off to a super start and and turning this ancient kit into a top piece of work. It must be a bit easier than working in 1/72 for sure. Love the barrels and your welds too, but I'm not sure what you are going to do with the stepped on piece of popcorn in the last pic of your first post. Was the crew at the movies or something?????

I'm in for sure now Sir!!! Just gotta stay awake after work.......

Prost
Allen

Thanks Allen and indeed it is much bigger!! And no problem at all, I'm losing track with everything that's going on.

As for the popcorn, something like this in the appropriate colour of course!

Thanks again.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice work Andrew, the barrels look very nice:cool:
Great to see you tackling a 35th build....I have every faith in your ability, I’m sure this will be a cracker:thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice work Andrew, the barrels look very nice:cool:
Great to see you tackling a 35th build....I have every faith in your ability, I’m sure this will be a cracker:thumb2:
Thanks Si. You're well.

I'll do my best! And the barrels are nice but this AM lark can get seriously out of hand.... Watch this space and you'll see what I mean.:tired:

Thanks again.

ATB

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Veeeeddddy Interesting Andrew,

Thanks for the link and it looks a good way to make rocks and terrain. Another idea to nick for my notes.

I really thought most people just bought a popcorn making machine though.............I'll get me coat............

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Veeeeddddy Interesting Andrew,

Thanks for the link and it looks a good way to make rocks and terrain. Another idea to nick for my notes.

I really thought most people just bought a popcorn making machine though.............I'll get me coat............

Prost
Allen
No problem at all. It's a super simple technique that produces remarkably effective terrain for next to nothing.

If you're going out for some popcorn can you get me some...!

ATB

Andrew

PS actually get two lots or the kids will nick it all.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apologies Andrew, completely missed this.
Had a good read through, your going well, loving the barrel's, well worth that extra cost. RB seem to be out of a lot of stock these days, don't even bother to return emails !
Carry on , watching closely now !

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Apologies Andrew, completely missed this.
Had a good read through, your going well, loving the barrel's, well worth that extra cost. RB seem to be out of a lot of stock these days, don't even bother to return emails !
Carry on , watching closely now !
Thanks John and no problem at all, I'm finding it impossible to keep up with everything at the moment.

Shame about RB as you say. They're my choice for 1/72, half the price of Aber and for wargaming who's going to notice.

Watch this space for another first coming soon!

ATB

Andrew

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So as you may have seen this arrived today.

I hadn't been planning to use PE, never having used it before, but was looking for exhaust mesh when I stumbled across it. :cool:

I'm not going to use all of it, especially the track covers as the build is largely done and the thought of pulling it apart again is just too much, plus it might cause more damage to the finer parts. There's also the fact that the PE set expects the stowage box I removed to be there and so there isn't enough PE cover to make up the missing section. That said a section will come in useful in filling the gap left by me removing the stowage box. :smiling:

Never having used it before, I'll start with the more simple pieces and build my way up to the more complicated bits - at least that's the plan!! :cold-sweat:

By now I think I'm up to eight 'firsts' with this build.....what can possibly go wrong!?!?!?!?!?!?

ATB

Andrew

50669242042_1946c20076_b.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good luck with the etch. Think twice, stick once, would be my advice. You’ll crack it easily enough though.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So a bit more progress.

I finished removing the grill areas that had to come off prior to adding the etch.

Not having this done before, I made the task harder than necessary with the rear left hand engine grill and cut it out rather than slice the unwanted bit off and so had to build a frame back in for the grill to sit on. DOH! :crying: But at least it meant I was prepared for the right hand one.

I also had removed one of the stowage box on the right too, having lovingly filled the hole underneath in, as there is an etch part for there.

I also made a frame for the missing track fender on the rear left hand side, which seems to work ok. This is where the erroneous storage box had been.

And then of course I had to take the plunge with the etch. I started simple with flat pieces but did have a go at one handle which came out ok.

ACW as usual.

ATB

Andrew

50685888907_dffbc53f9d_b.jpg

50685888962_f1914a6684_b.jpg

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Si much appreciated!

ATB

Andrew