Andrew's 1/35 North Africa Vignette (SimonT Tribute GB)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
If you want some realism advice: don’t put all those stowage onto your model :smiling3: Or at least, not where it’s shown in the box-top photo. The box at the left front of the engine deck, the one with the jerrycans on top, blocks two things the crew would probably consider to be fairly important: a cooling air intake for the engine and the radio operator’s escape hatch.
Hi Jakko

I'd already clocked that it was more than slightly overloaded and not in the most sensible places either.

There's probably enough for two kits on there anyway plus covering the engine grilles would cover all my hard etch-work too.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Tiny bits of metal all over, that is some amazing detail you're adding here. Great work.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I'd already clocked that it was more than slightly overloaded and not in the most sensible places either.
I get the impression that many of these stowage sets include all kinds of parts just for the sake of having stuff on the vehicle.

There's probably enough for two kits on there anyway plus covering the engine grilles would cover all my hard etch-work too.
That alone is a reason not to go overboard. You really improved the way the model looks, from a mediocre 1970s kit to one that looks almost like a brand-new one :smiling3:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The etch all looks very neat, very nice job mate.
Vey impressive work Andrew.
Tiny bits of metal all over, that is some amazing detail you're adding here. Great work.

Gentleman, thanks as always for stopping by and the support.

It's turned out better than I was expecting. Although I'm not sure it I'll be using large scale in the future, at least some of the mystique around it has been dispelled.

Thanks again.

All the best.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I get the impression that many of these stowage sets include all kinds of parts just for the sake of having stuff on the vehicle.

That alone is a reason not to go overboard. You really improved the way the model looks, from a mediocre 1970s kit to one that looks almost like a brand-new one :smiling3:

Jakko, coming from someone with your encyclopedic knowledge, attention to detail and skills, I'll take that as a compliment.

Thank you.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andrew
Just had a catch up. Very neat PE work. I think PE is something that gets easier with practice - same as most things I suppose. It certainly is very useful at adding some nice extra detail although very often some of the PE on the fret doesn't really add much. You'll find the bender very useful even if not essential. Jakko is right about the stowage set in that it's probably best to study what is most realistic.
Keep up the great work :thumb2:
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Must agree on bringing a ho-hum model into something remarkable. PaulE

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew
Just had a catch up. Very neat PE work. I think PE is something that gets easier with practice - same as most things I suppose. It certainly is very useful at adding some nice extra detail although very often some of the PE on the fret doesn't really add much. You'll find the bender very useful even if not essential. Jakko is right about the stowage set in that it's probably best to study what is most realistic.
Keep up the great work :thumb2:
Jim

Jim

Thanks for the feedback Jim. The tool was a great help and made life much easier, especially on the larger pieces but as you say I looked at a few pieces and thought what's the point. The highly realistic (NOT!!) flat chain for the rear towing pin being the most obvious case. Fortunately, I have some proper chains in the stash.

Must agree on bringing a ho-hum model into something remarkable. PaulE
Andrew looking good

Paul Lee, thanks very much for the support and feedback. Much appreciated.

Thanks again all.

ATB.

Andrew

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking very very nice with all those etch upgrades to the venerable Tammy kit Andrew:cool::thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very very nice with all those etch upgrades to the venerable Tammy kit Andrew:cool::thumb2:
Thanks Fernando.

Here's hoping I don't make a hash of the paint job.

And then there's the workable plastic Bronco tracks.....108 links per side...... :cold-sweat: :tired: .... Even at 1/35 there not big given how small a Pz II is....:fearful::worried::sad:

Thanks for stopping buy.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hey Andrew, if you can cope with the etch to the standard that you have, the track links will be a doddle.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hey Andrew, if you can cope with the etch to the standard that you have, the track links will be a doddle.
Thanks Tim, although I think you overestimate my abilities! Either that or your eyes are overdue their annual check up! :smiling5:

ATB.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well done Andrew, I think you’ve made a great job of the etch parts and the whole build :thumb2:

I’m with Tim on the tracks, seeing how you coped with the etch i have every confidence you’ll get them together no problems :nerd:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well done Andrew, I think you’ve made a great job of the etch parts and the whole build :thumb2:

I’m with Tim on the tracks, seeing how you coped with the etch i have every confidence you’ll get them together no problems :nerd:
Very nice Andrew. Lovely modelling!

Si, Bob

Thanks for the support much appreciated as always. To be honest it's the number of the links more than anything, not to mention the fact they're handed, so I'll have to remember to put them in the right pot after removing from the sprue.

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi guys

So finally managed to get the booth and spray gun out to prime it. It looks white in the picture but actually it's grey. It's just that Vallejo grey primer is very light.

I'll have a go at doing some pre-shading next.

ATB

Andrew

50796032616_b4eed1ec28_b.jpg