Andy`s Ugly son of a gun.......(Tractor!!).

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Late evening Mr. Smiff,

I have been following this great build from the beginning and have thoroughly enjoyed your progress so far, but without commenting. You have been doing a wonderful job and it's shows in the pictures. Using the white tack has also worked out nicely for the camo. It's only common to have a few touch-ups as with any masking medium. Top job Andy!!!....BUT,

One must remember that this forum is family based and friendly to all. Therefore, I find it my duty to remind you that posting pictures of you sitting at the bench in your Fruit-Of-The-Looms/BVD's, is quite inappropriate, to say the least. This is not show-us-your-drawers.com Sir. Therefore, I politely ask you to refrain from posting such pictures in the future....Thank you for your understanding in this matter.......

BTW, have a great time at the Tankfest and don't forget to take some pics for us who can't attend...................................

Prost Brother
Allen
HA Blimmin` HA !! ...
..... I`ll have you know that they ain`t either "F.O.L.L.s OR BVDs..... they are in fact,good old fashioned British "Budgie Smugglers"...... and YES,I do have a Budgie that is THAT big :surprised: :thumb2: :tears-of-joy:!!
Thanks for your very kind comments Buddy,much appreciated,and helps the Mojo :cool:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Taking shape nicely :thumb2:
Thanks Mark,I`m wanting to portray this one as a fairly well beaten,and tired looking example in Western Europe;)
Ditto what Allen sed!!
Cheers Rick.... and that`s with a reduced JD&C intake..... SO FAR!!:tears-of-joy:
Andy,

That's coming on very nicely indeed.

Very well done.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew,good of you to say so..... must admit i`m happy so far:hugging-face:
Andy,
That is looking rather special mate.
Scottie,(Dawg:tears-of-joy:),cheers Buddy,
Catching up here Andy, the white tac method works v.well, the beastie's looking good sir!
Cheers Rob
Thanks mate,good to see you pop in:thumb2:.
They White Tac tip i heard of years ago,on a different forum,but works a treat..... it does all that "Blu Tac" does,but is a little less sticky,therefore leaves no tiny bits behind.... or those annoying "Greasy stains".
The camo looks very good, Andy. The white worms have worked well.
Jimbo... Thank you Sir.... all hail the white worms !!:cool:
Nice work with the white tac Andy
Cheers Mick:thumb2:...... great to see you looking in!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... So then Chaps.....
Firstly,thanks to all who are looking in,and/or commenting, tis much appreciated :thumb2: ,
As for this build............WELL,like i`ve said,it`s amazingly enjoyable,hence i can`t wait to get stuck back into it:money-face:,
Reason for the delay is my Spitfire GB entry,it`s taken up pretty much ALL of my,recently,limited bench time:sad-face: ,HOWEVER,i`m hoping to get that one finished by the weekend...... so will get right back on this build straight away after:cool:,
Hopefully an update on Sunday evening.... Thanks all of you who have stuck with it:thumb2:,
Cheers for now,
Andy

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Just had a read through of this one Andy, it may be an old kit, but you're making a cracking job of it!:thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The white tac worked wonderfully, Andy.
Me just being curious, would the white tac leave any residue on the surface?
Thanks very much :smiling3:
...In answer to your question....
...None whatsoever,(unlike blu Tac), it's not very "Sticky" at all in fact... Therefore it doesn't lift paint or decals either ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That camouflage came out well! I used tape on mine. Didn't think of white tac!
Cheers Ian,
Must say that I'm rather pleased with the outcome myself.... Although I did have to do a little tidying up around the edges in a couple areas,but nothing major :smiling3:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Must admit to seeing one of these 'in action' at a English Heritage event & being very surprised at how 'gutless' it was, and how small a gradient it's able to climb (and it wasn't fully loaded) :surprised:
Nice progress!
I too, made the Airfix 1/72 kit:thumb2: