Andy's FAB1 Lady Penelope`s Rolls. 1/32, Dragon models

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A`noon Guys,
Well i decided that i just won`t have enough hours in the day to scratch build an entry for this GB,so K9 is out.......
...... and an OOTB F.A.B 1 is in!!:thumb2:
2pen.png
For those that aren`t familiar with this Iconic Car,(Can`t see there being many!!),it was the Chauffer driven,Rolls Royce based,chariot of a certain "Lady Penelope".
The show was "Thunderbirds,and it was another fantastic series of puppet/sci fi craft,produced by the prolific Gerry,(and the less credited,Sylvia), Anderson from September 1965 to Christmas Day 1966.Comprising of 2 Series,with a total of 32 50 minute episodes.
The Idea was that the "Tracy" family,basically ran,and operated,an organisation called "International Rescue",which was an outfit kitted out with fantastical,space age rockets and machines,the were on 24 hr call and reacted to any major worldwide "Incident" from their Isolated base of "Tracy Island".(Think an early "Team America",but good at what they did!!:tears-of-joy:).
The group consisted of ....
"Brains"... a geeky knowitall.... Chief Engineer/designer/inventor.......(yeah,"Knowitall" covered it really!!) ...:nerd:
Jeff Tracy... Da Boss,The Dad,the Grande Fromage :cool:
Scott Tracy... Pilot of Thunderbird 1 :cool:
Virgil Tracy..... Pilot of Thunderbird 2 :cool:
Alan Tracy....Pilot of Thunderbird 3,(Big Red Rocket!)/Orbital Spacestation,(Thunderbird 5),monitor bloke :cool:
Gordon Tracy.... "Aquanaut",(Now THERE`S a Title!!),of Thunderbird 4.... basically a flashy Mini-Sub! :cool:
John Tracy... Orbital Spacestation,(Thunderbird 5),monitor bloke/Thunderbird 3,(The big red rocket!),Pilot :cool:
Aloysius Parker.... Chauffer and Butler to "Lady Penelope":hugging-face:
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward..... POSH CRUMPET .... Lead Field Agent for International Rescue :tongue-out:
Tin-Tin Kyrano... a bit of a strange one this... She`s the daughter of one of the Tracy`s man servants,(?), and a "Love interest" of Alan Tracy!!....:flushed:
They`re the main Protagonists,.....
....believe it or not,there were an incredible 100 plus other puppet characters who made appearances ,(Of varying durations),in the entire show,but you`ll forgive me if i don`t list each and every one!!:tears-of-joy:
........ So there it is,I won`t be starting the build until i`ve finished my Hetzer,probably early next week,so sprue shots,(Such as they are!!),then :thumb2: ,
In the meantime,anything else you wanna know about the programme.... DON`T ASK ME ..... all that`s just burnt me out!!:tongue-out3:....
.... Look up the stuff on You Tube.... but remember you`ll need your 1960`s frame of mind.... do that,and..... it`s still a cool watch:thumb2:......

Last edited by a moderator:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I loved this. The children's TV program Blue Peter showed you how to make a Tracy Island. The puppets of the villains were superb.
Indeed they were Jim...
Those puppets,and characters,were some of the ones in the list that I left out :smiling3:
The "Baddies"always did look cooler. ;). !!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice one Andy, just pulled up my chair for this one.
Good to see you Ian,a real "blast from my childhood past" :smiling3:
I can hear the voices now.....

"PARKER!"

"Yesh m'lady?"

:tears-of-joy: :tears-of-joy:

Nick
HA!! ... Yes,me too... :smiling3:
... Unfortunately,and I don't see why really,there are neither of the figures provided?!! :sad:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A`noon Guys,
Well i decided that i just won`t have enough hours in the day to scratch build an entry for this GB,so K9 is out.......
...... and an OOTB F.A.B 1 is in!!:thumb2:
View attachment 475847

"Brains"... a geeky knowitall.... Chief Engineer/designer/inventor.......(yeah,"Knowitall" covered it really!!) ...:nerd:

"Brains" - aka Hiram K Hackenbacker.

That's what organising pub quizzes does to you!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bloody brilliant :thumb2: Possibly the greatest kids TV show of all time (for boys anyway). Superb theme tune, exciting story lines, and thunder flash…..the only passenger plane more dangerous than the Tu-144…..
What a great subject…..I can hear that theme tune thundering out as I type….

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Wasn’t broadcast here in my time, so another one I’ve never seen, but I know the basics of it :smiling3: Very odd-looking car with double front wheels (says someone who bought a Tyrell P34 not a week ago … ;) ).

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wasn’t broadcast here in my time, so another one I’ve never seen, but I know the basics of it :smiling3: Very odd-looking car with double front wheels (says someone who bought a Tyrell P34 not a week ago … ;) ).
Yes Jakko,I saw your Tyrell the other day :smiling3:
.. always liked them from way back in my Scalextric days.. quality looking Race car. :smiling3:
This one has always been something that I thought looked so cool... Apart from the colour maybe!! :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Bloody brilliant :thumb2: Possibly the greatest kids TV show of all time (for boys anyway). Superb theme tune, exciting story lines, and thunder flash…..the only passenger plane more dangerous than the Tu-144…..
What a great subject…..I can hear that theme tune thundering out as I type….
Completely agree Tim :smiling3:
It was ALL good... And still is if you ask me!! ;)