Andy's FAB1 Lady Penelope`s Rolls. 1/32, Dragon models

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Gotta be honest Tim, I've never seen any films of it... Just remember,and rewatched, the series. :smiling3:
They made two films, released in 1966 and 1968. Neither were really any good :sleeping2: . The first one had a sluggish plot line including a really tedious nightclub section featuring cliff and the shadows….yawn a minute…..the second did have the hood, and ended up with a tiger moth as thunderbird six……but by then the series had been eclipsed by Captain Scarlet…..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
They made two films, released in 1966 and 1968. Neither were really any good :sleeping2: . The first one had a sluggish plot line including a really tedious nightclub section featuring cliff and the shadows….yawn a minute…..the second did have the hood, and ended up with a tiger moth as thunderbird six……but by then the series had been eclipsed by Captain Scarlet…..
Fair enough.. I can't comment on stuff that I haven't even seen :smiling3:
... As for Captain Scarlet...
..Again, excellent vehicles,but my favourite was the "Angel Interceptor" ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bloody brilliant :thumb2: Possibly the greatest kids TV show of all time (for boys anyway). Superb theme tune, exciting story lines, and thunder flash…..the only passenger plane more dangerous than the Tu-144…..
What a great subject…..I can hear that theme tune thundering out as I type….
Tim it was the fire flash airliner not the thunder flash lol
an yes ive got both films as in the first one which i thought was best i loved the ZERO X space craft was goin to build one once but gettin married got in the way if i remember rightly an most of the thunderbirds series as i thought it was great
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim it was the fire flash airliner not the thunder flash lol
an yes ive got both films as in the first one which i thought was best i loved the ZERO X space craft was goin to build one once but gettin married got in the way if i remember rightly an most of the thunderbirds series as i thought it was great
chrisb
Correct of course Chris….where I got thunderflash I just don’t know……it was in the first ever episode if I remember right…….

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm following this Smiffy, just to find out what you are all going on about. I like Jakko am completely in the dark on this apparently short lived TV show. I will admit to seeing some builds on the forum of some rocket ships 1 through 5? and some references made to thunderbirds but never made the connection for some reason. I think I do remember the six wheeled pink RR......didn't Corgi make a diecast replica of that vehicle? It all sounds interesting and has certainly elevated the blood pressure of this ordinarily mundane group of mostly senior citizens! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :smiling3::tears-of-joy::thumb2:;););)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
….Oh, and the main protagonists, Alan, Scott, Gordon, Virgil and John were named after project Mercury astronauts. The series was cancelled because they couldn’t find a US network to host it in the states :sleeping2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim, just can't watch these 'caus the uploader has not made these available in the U.S. :tired:
Still no distribution network then….bummer! Have you just tried a search on Thunderbirds on US YouTube? Something may come up! Try it, it will release your inner seven year old ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm following this Smiffy, just to find out what you are all going on about. I like Jakko am completely in the dark on this apparently short lived TV show. I will admit to seeing some builds on the forum of some rocket ships 1 through 5? and some references made to thunderbirds but never made the connection for some reason. I think I do remember the six wheeled pink RR......didn't Corgi make a diecast replica of that vehicle? It all sounds interesting and has certainly elevated the blood pressure of this ordinarily mundane group of mostly senior citizens! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :smiling3::tears-of-joy::thumb2:;););)
Good to see you join up.... even if you don't know what you've joined up to!! ;) Shame you can't view those videos, it's such an iconic series I'm surprised that you can't find it anywhere over your side. :sad:
Very succinct and to the point there Andrew. :smiling3:
..... Oh,and welcome aboard! ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Jakko and Rick, try this. Doesn’t seem to be ITV so might work…..just the launch sequences I’m afraid…..if you’ve ever seen curse of the Were Rabbit you now know where they stole a few of the ideas.
All models, no CGI remember …..

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here you go folks:

Now eat your hearts out as I once saw this parked in the High Street of my local shopping centre as a kid!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Here you go folks:

Now eat your hearts out as I once saw this parked in the High Street of my local shopping centre as a kid!!
That's so cool Dave,
I'd love to see a real one "up close and personal". :smiling3: ....
...I would eat my heart out,but it's Sunday mate...
.......Traditional Roast dinner coming up!! ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Jakko and Rick, try this. Doesn’t seem to be ITV so might work…..just the launch sequences I’m afraid…..if you’ve ever seen curse of the Were Rabbit you now know where they stole a few of the ideas.
All models, no CGI remember …..
Just watched the launch sequence........Nope, not seen these on the TV, BUT....we did have something similar called Fireball 500 if memory serves. I can see the attraction to the mind of a seven yr. old, if you didn't grow up with it however, one would find it a little lacking given the present state of technology in this sort of thing. I shall now revert back to my former grumpy old self and sit back and watch the kids go at it. :smiling3: ;) :thumb2: