Andy's FAB1 Lady Penelope`s Rolls. 1/32, Dragon models

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just watched the launch sequence........Nope, not seen these on the TV, BUT....we did have something similar called Fireball 500 if memory serves. I can see the attraction to the mind of a seven yr. old, if you didn't grow up with it however, one would find it a little lacking given the present state of technology in this sort of thing. I shall now revert back to my former grumpy old self and sit back and watch the kids go at it. :smiling3: ;) :thumb2:
Rick dont you mean fireball XL5 ? AN OH YOU GRUMPY OLE THING YOU LOL
CHRIS

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Oh well, it was the best I could do.....and I believe that is correct. also I found it a little amiturish, even back then......just sayin' ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Oh well, it was the best I could do.....and I believe that is correct. also I found it a little amiturish, even back then......just sayin' ;)
WELL Rick i thought it was brilliant on how derrick meddins made that fireball XL5 take off an such as remember this was in the early days of tv an i watched it on an old ECKO TV in a B/W set BUT i was very happy to see this in them days
chrisb PS an ive even got one vid of it now should the fancy take me back to them days to watch lol

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There you go Chris.......just like that you can be seven again!! ;)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,Page 3 already,and I haven't even put up the sprue pics yet!....
Great to see so much interest in this one,and, with the Hetzer practically done, I've done said pics....
Shades on guys,this is GARISH !!.....
IMG20230308140924.jpg
The pink is VERY pink,the black is, well,black....and the "Chrome" is like a mirror!! As you'd expect for this type of thing,the detail ain't great,and the parts count is low,there are some nice touches though.....
IMG20230308142022.jpg
There's a cute little etch fret and the clear parts are VERY clear :smiling3:
The silver,shiny sheet there has all of the frames for the huge,clear canopy (not sure I'll be using them, they're a bit tacky looking :sad: ).
Rach saw it and said,"That's cool, you don't even need to paint it"....
.... Then looked horrified when I said that the first job will be to spray everything with Halfords Grey!! :smiling3:
So then,there you have it.... Should be a bit of fun. ;)
Thanks for looking in Chaps,
Cheers for now....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That certainly a colourful load of plastic. Are you going to strip the chrome? Often the chrome is thick and obscures the detail.
Not sure yet Jim,
Not had a proper look at it yet if I'm honest, It's the first time I've tackled this Chrome type stuff.... I wouldn't even know what to use to strip it to be fair ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Alright Andy.....lovely shade of "femininity" there!! :cool: had to cover me peeps! BTW, where is the good Lady Penelope? I hope at some point we will be properly introduced to the Heroine as well as her famous ride. ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Alright Andy.....lovely shade of "femininity" there!! :cool: had to cover me peeps! BTW, where is the good Lady Penelope? I hope at some point we will be properly introduced to the Heroine as well as her famous ride. ;)
.... always been in touch with my Feminine Side Rick...... NOT .... :thumb2:
.... unfortunately there are no figures supplied... but i`m going to try and find some 1/32 ones that i can adapt from somewhere?!! :rolling: