At last, my first completed diorama: 2cm Flakvierling 38 emplacement.

First Name
Aaron
Masterbox and miniart are both great also icm has a few good sets, There may be a little extra cleanup on these but can end up looking quite good. Masterbox is my fav out of those three. Miniart does excellent house kits and diorama accessories, These are vac formed a lot of the time but the miniart site has a great build and paint guide here MiniArt: Plastic model kits, AFV, Historical miniatures & Figures, Building & Accessories once again this is only my opinion.

709thsoldat

Has anybody built this figure set?

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mna/mna35062.htm

I was thinking of having the sitting officer figure lounging in the seat of the flak or sitting on the sandbags perhaps.

I have looked into those mini-art buildings and whatnot, they are real nice looking and i've seen some great stuff done with them on this site, but I'm more of a scratchbuild guy myself.

Updates coming soon.

Last edited:
First Name
Aaron
I havent built that one but that should work out quite nicely,i understand what you say about scratchbuilding where you can.

I look forward to your update :cheeseygrin:

709thsoldat

I have ordered the figures, they should be coming any time now.

I am having a hard time with getting the faces of my "practice" figures to look good. Any tips?

Thank you all,

-Chris

N

noble

\ said:
I have ordered the figures, they should be coming any time now.I am having a hard time with getting the faces of my "practice" figures to look good. Any tips?

Thank you all,

-Chris
I know the paint everyone uses is different and is there choice but i find i get good results using oil paint because it takes longer to dry you have more blending time to get the skin tones the way you want them, and one of the guys here did a figure paint thread which was excellent.

scott

709thsoldat

I got some pretty good results on a tamiya (i know) figure today. The kit was just laying around so i decided to use it as a little bit of practice. I used testors enamels thinned very slightly and mixed to a nice flesh tone, and when it was dry, i mixed burnt umber acrylic with water to make a sort of wash, let that dry and then took it off the high areas with a wet brush. It turned out surprisingly well.

I would love to put up a picture, but a potato would take a clearer picture than my cheapo camera. Oh well.

Happy travels, spacemen.

-Chris