Barn Find (Restoration Needed)

0ne48thtel

Well I am calling this one done and it has been a blast doing it. From being a virgin to flocking and using salt for something other than putting on food. To scratch building the barn also some of the fixtures and fittings.Thanks to all who followed the build thread and gave encouragement along the way. For those that didn't see the build thread I will add it to the bottom of this one. As it was quite a long process to get this far and to list a lot of it I would have to read through it myself. Anyway enough of my ramblings here are some pics. I will add some day light ones after the weekend at some point.View attachment 92564

View attachment 92565

View attachment 92566

View attachment 92567

View attachment 92568

View attachment 92569

View attachment 92570

View attachment 92571

View attachment 92572

View attachment 92573

View attachment 92574

View attachment 92575

View attachment 92576

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/restoration-needed.28668/page-7#post-237950

Thank you for looking.

020.JPG

033.JPG

055.JPG

061.JPG

066.JPG

072.JPG

074.JPG

076.JPG

085.JPG

086.JPG

094.JPG

096.JPG

112.JPG

T

tommy1drop

I`ve been following your build Terry and have to say it really is amazing, so much to look at and take in, you definitely have an eye for detail, lovely dio mate;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
This was a great build to follow Terry, and the finished product is nothing short of incredible. Very nicely done, looking at the pictures I can almost smell the dust, the ivy and the old oil from those vehicles. Awesome work mate, well done. The darker shots add to the atmosphere of the scene I think.

0ne48thtel

Thank you Tommy and Joe and it was good to have you both along on this build and the comments were really appreciated.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Awesome work Terry, lov this one from start to finish,great scratch building and all the added detail,dose keep the

eyes busy looking at what is there,superb job ,+ from me, :D

cannot wait to see what you do next ,keep up the great work, :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Fabulous work terry I looked on from time to time but wanted to see the final and I'm not disappointed , your scratch building skill is second to none top work mat :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is one of the best barn find dio's I have ever seen, top work Terry!

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Simply great!! You can feel the atmosphere :eek:, amazing result and excellent detailed work!

I really like it ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Terry ,I'm struggling to describe how good this is without swearing! I just love it , theres so much thought and attention to detail gone into this. Apart from the superb build ,the composition, use of light and camera angle are all top class - the shot looking at the Hanomag with the light showing through the gaps in the barn planking is totally real looking and my favourite. I love the Ivy and the cobwebs on the insides of the windows too , so realistic . Great build with oak leaves ,swords and diamonds !(great build on its own isnt enough!!) cheers tony

L

Lady Phoenix

I really can not find the words to do this any justice.

Ive too have been following your build thread and at each stage Ive been amazed.

I may have to leave this forum now as I will never be able to produce anything half that good. Im off to join one of these "Im 3 years old, look at my awesome model with really thick brush marks on it that Im so very proud of" type forums where I may be able to look fairly good :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

Guys n girls I really don't know what to say about all your kind words it has come as a complete suprise. There are far better builds on this forum that put my attempt not only in the shade but in the dark. All I can say is a heart felt thankyou one and all.

penny don't do your self an injustice I am sure your builds aren't as bad as you say. When I first joined this forum it was with some trepidation as I had never shown or even thought of showing my builds. Since doing so I have learnt and continue to learn more techniques and different ways of doing things and it is all thanks to the good folks on this excellent forum.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats so very nice to say Terry cheers, and you know thats the same way i feel as well with the reply to my work,

im shy to show,and even worse at saying thank you,and i have seen the great improvement with alot of people on this forum over the last year,

and you have summed it up, with the help from other ,would not be leaning how too,

great works and thank you for saying,cheers :D :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Finished dio and models look great I enjoyed the build thread to as it gave me some great ideas for my future dio building I especially like how you did the grass around the barn well done medal on the way cheers John

0ne48thtel

Cheers John I shall look forward to seeing you dio builds and am glad this one was of use to you.

C

Caledonia

It's all been said above Terry, outstanding work and attention to detail. Cheers Derek