Battered Bergepanther With Large Chips And Salt Please.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Thank you, fellahs. You're too kind.

I'd probably better stop now before I mess it all up !

Joking aside, it is a satisfying technique though I can see how it might get over-done and look cartoonish.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just blasted through this and must say this is looking fine.......the spade turned out the "Dogs"!!....Model on Dan.
Rick H. :thumb2:

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Snuck a sneaky 1/2 hour in this evening.

Weathered the winch house a bit.

EjSe32C.jpg

c0NBwEY.jpg

Also did the rear of the hull. It was a bit tricky as the chances of paint getting chipped here are limited because the 'dozer blade would protect it quite well. So I stopped when I thought it reasonable and am satisfied that all the damage is there for a reason. Once I've done a wash it'll probably look about right.

aQaaXNN.jpg

HJK9Stl.jpg

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers, Dan

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Got a bit more done this evening. It was supposed to be the main feature for the whole afternoon but the weather had me outside battening hatches down, etc.

Did the rear deck & the super-structure for the winch house, it's coming along ok & I'm learning while I go. Will definitely get some finer brushes for next time.

Lo2MkTm.jpg

ouWMLyC.jpg

qQkU3FA.jpg

The elephant in the room is working out how to attach the broken rear idlers which caused this to stall all those years back. May drill right through and use a metal rod.

Not going to worry too much as I'm really feeling like this is now a pre-run for building the Takom version.

Cheers,
Dan

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have to say Dan that the model looks the dogs, worn parts look just right and in the places you would expect. Top notch build.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Thank you both !

I'm enjoying it, learning as I go and have definitely got favourite areas that I'll try replicate in the future

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dan,

Just had a catch-up. That's coming on very nicely indeed.

Well done.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dan
I agree with the others - very realistic weathering. You're right in that 'less is more' with chipping. Yours is spot on - in the right places and nicely in scale. Winch and blade are superb.
Jim

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Hi Dan
I agree with the others - very realistic weathering. You're right in that 'less is more' with chipping. Yours is spot on - in the right places and nicely in scale. Winch and blade are superb.
Jim

Aww, shucks.
Thank you.