Battle of Coral Sea Yorktown CV-5

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fab stuff Greg. I’m sure you are in top of this, but out of interest, is it going to be hard to get the paint into all those nooks and crannies?

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Fab stuff Greg. I’m sure you are in top of this, but out of interest, is it going to be hard to get the paint into all those nooks and crannies?
Thanks Tim Indeed painting will be complicated..so every part will be painted separetly...and this will create a different color modulation of navy greys and blues that l hope will fit all together with the weathering...hope it make sense what l said..

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Wow Greg,, I've been watching this from the sidelines and wondering why all the detail underneath - NOW it makes sense!
totally awesome and epic, as are all your projects.
Keep the faith!
Thanks Neil really happy you like it...stay tuned more to come

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Greg
I can only echo what has already been said. You work is truly exceptional.
Jim

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Greg
A real pleasure to watch this. How much is actually glued in place? I ask because I imagine this is becoming rather difficult to paint if everything is fixed.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Greg
A real pleasure to watch this. How much is actually glued in place? I ask because I imagine this is becoming rather difficult to paint if everything is fixed.
Jim
Jim

Good question. Just what it was thinking!

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic Greg, the angle from below astern is always the view people from the dock side see a carrier and all those exposed scaffolding and supports. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Jim and Andrew thank u for your comments...tommorrow l'll post a pic of the sepate parts not glued...
Thanks Andy I'm very pleased of the result l was not expecting that....
Richard.. Thanks for your comment. I wanted to give a different look at the model and the making of was important for me to show how it should look...

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I have no idea how you do the PE or workout the size, shape for the superstructure, amazing in every way!!