boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, great to see her with some paint on. Still cool in the mornings so must be a afternoon job.

Impressive marking out by the way.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
An hello John yea im pleased that im gettin on with her as there is still a hell of a lot to do an yea you are right sprayin is an afternoon job so that the sun can warm up the garage an thank you for you kind comment on the markin out as it was a heck of a job as in the end had to go by the ole mark one eyeball to see if the line was fairly straight lol
hope you both well
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Been a while since I caught up on this old girl Chris, and may I say she's looking great, some fantastic work involved.
HI Ian yea she is gettin on as she is two yrs old now an she will be a lot older by the time i finish her about another 3 yrs or more proberly as so much still to be fitted an all the eletrics proberly will sink lol an thank you for your nice comments on the work involved
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice paintwork Chris. Very crisp. That’s a milestone passed.

HI Tim thank you yea im pleased at how it turned out but could have been better maybe im to fussy but i'll breathe a sigh of releif when ive painted on that big black water line an fitted all her penant No.s an draught markins as there are about 7 of them to fit an then all sparyed up in clear laquer to water proff her but thats still weeks away
thanks for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Admire your skill and patience, 2 weeks and my patience starts to dwindle.

HELLO Mark well when building models like this patience is the name of the game as this wont be built in a hurry as like all my other big ships they take yrs an the beauty of this is as each bit is built seperate its like building 50 odd models then when done they all come togeather to build the main model as that was the reason i fitted what ive built so far to see if its all comin on right an it is im pleased to say an the pics for the altogeather are on pages 106 through to about 110 if you like to see them
cheers for stoppin
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Stunning.... Mind-blowing..... Speechless......I truly, truly able what you're doing with Chris. As I've said many times before, I wouldn't even know where to start.

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
She's looking good Chris.........I'm glad you were able to get some co-operation from the weather and get some paint on her. :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Stunning.... Mind-blowing..... Speechless......I truly, truly able what you're doing with Chris. As I've said many times before, I wouldn't even know where to start.

ATB.

Andrew
MANY THANKS Andrew for your nice comments an yea im pleased with her as she has a nice figure lol now she 's getting her warpaint on lol
thanks for lookin in an its just as well i do then lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
She's looking good Chris.........I'm glad you were able to get some co-operation from the weather and get some paint on her. :thumb2: Rick H.
AN THANKS Rick BUT she will look a whole lot better when she get her black draught line on an her pentant NO.s C20 on an her draught markins an then sprayed in clear laquer an yea the wheather been great an is now great lovely sunshine had it nr all wk an jen told me its gonna be nice wheather an that i ought to start paintin the portholes over with humbroll maskol so im really glad i did
cheers nice to see you drop in
ATB chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Quite a job planning for the hull painting and then masking it. Now it's done it does look good though. This is such an impressive build.
Jim

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
HELLO Mark well when building models like this patience is the name of the game as this wont be built in a hurry as like all my other big ships they take yrs an the beauty of this is as each bit is built seperate its like building 50 odd models then when done they all come togeather to build the main model as that was the reason i fitted what ive built so far to see if its all comin on right an it is im pleased to say an the pics for the altogeather are on pages 106 through to about 110 if you like to see them
cheers for stoppin
chris
I took a look at those pages, that is fantastic work mate it looks great :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Quite a job planning for the hull painting and then masking it. Now it's done it does look good though. This is such an impressive build.
Jim
OH CHEERS Jim an yes its been loads of planning an still a lot more to come an masking hopefully i'll try an do the black waterline tomorrow an yea im pleased with her as its is lookin good
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I took a look at those pages, that is fantastic work mate it looks great :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
AN HELLO Mark glad you liked what you saw yes she does look good even i the builder was surprised as thats the first time ive ever put her all togeather
ATB chris