First Name
Steven
Lovely work on the model Chris! Overall lines and paintwork look great :thumb2:
Steven

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking good Chris, nice bit of masking there! How are you going to do the draught markings? Decals?
Pete
AN hi Pete yea thank goodness the tamyia maskin tape worked well as its horrible to lift the normal low tack maskin tape an see its leaked every where an yea draught markings? are Decals? first from the bottom of the hull they will be white then at the top of the black boot line then they will be black markings on the grey an they are the old imperial markings pics below P1020559.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
wow! That's a stunning job Chris!
MANY THANKS Neil yea now shes comin on a treat i feel as though im getting somewhere on her as its always the hull that takes all the time to build it would have been nice to have had a F/G hull but no joy as the makers dont do them that big trust me to be awkward lol
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
The black line has come out perfectly. Removing masking is always a worrying time - has the paint leaked under it, will it pull off the paint already done :rolling:
Jim
YEA Jim thanks im pleased at how its turned out as you say Removing masking is always a worrying time - has the paint leaked under it, will it pull off the paint already done an thank goodness thats that tamyia maskin tape is brilliant for this job an i used a low tack white maskin tape but like you say i was nervous to say the least
cheers for lookin
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lovely work on the model Chris! Overall lines and paintwork look great :thumb2:
Steven
AN CHEERS Steven yea i sweated doin this as like Jim said it can go all horribley wrong then the problems start but with these tape an paints i made sure as possible that they would be ok as i did some test bits with the paints an tapes on some scrap wood
ATB chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking fantastic Chris. The effort put into the masking has more than paid off! I assume the raised bit on the side is the armoured belt? If not, I’ve got a question. What’s the raised bit on the side LOL....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Excellent work mate.
OH THANK Scottie yea im really pleased with her but as i said ive still got to fit on the decals an then the dreaded sprayin that water proffein clear gloss lauqer an i will have to be very carefull how i spray that on to make sure i dont get any runs as if that happens it will be very difficult to put right again i will be sweatin loads as she will have to have 4 coats of this clear gloss lauqer
HOPE you are well
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking fantastic Chris. The effort put into the masking has more than paid off! I assume the raised bit on the side is the armoured belt? If not, I’ve got a question. What’s the raised bit on the side LOL....
AN HI Tim yea you gesssed it the raised bit are the armoured belt an puttin on the maskin tape was a right pain an this belt is a quarter of an inch thick so when applyin the maskin tape it treid to lift off an i kept relifiting it about half a dozen times an then useing my thumb nail pressed the tape down tight then the temp played me up by the time id fitted it all long the tape streched an then came lose so off it came again an again untill i was satisfied with it all then i sprayed it quick with all the paints as the red anti foul has 6 coats an the grey 4 coats an the black one main coat an now just got too spray the 4 coats or so of clear gloss lauqer then leave her for about a month for the lauqer to harden off an then she will get her bum wet in the test tank how that (phew)
chris

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Chris, this is coming along a treat. Looking like a ship now.
John.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice Chris, this is coming along a treat. Looking like a ship now.
John.
HI John yes she is lookin good now an i just have to hope that the clear gloss lauqer goes on ok as ive done test bits onto all these paints an its come up beautyfull so should be ok but there is still an element of doubt in me
thanks for stoppin an havin a look in
ATB chris

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looking fantastic, time spent on prep for painting always pays off. Is the 'hole' near the bow for a side-thruster?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking fantastic, time spent on prep for painting always pays off. Is the 'hole' near the bow for a side-thruster?
HI Gerry yes its for a bow thruster but the real ship dint have one but i thought id better fit one as if the wind gets up shes gonna be all over the place an no controll over her but with this in it will make a great difference as i fitted one in my nimitz carrier an it done the job exscellent controll over the ship an thanks for the nice comments
an cheers for your intrest
chris

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
HI Gerry yes its for a bow thruster but the real ship dint have one but i thought id better fit one as if the wind gets up shes gonna be all over the place an no controll over her but with this in it will make a great difference as i fitted one in my nimitz carrier an it done the job exscellent controll over the ship an thanks for the nice comments
an cheers for your intrest
chris
Thanks for the reply.
Will you be hooking it up with the rudder, or as a 'emergency' item?