boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
an
so love the innovative use of the Airfix masking fluid - have you told Airfix of it's alternative use?
(Andrew Quote )
well Andrew im no sure what you mean here as i havnt used any maskin fluid?
chrisb
Hi Chris

Sorry to hear about all the problems with this kit.

My reference to masking fluid, was in response to your comment below about "makol", which I thought was a typo for Humbrol's Maskol masking fluid, which happens to be the same colour.

ATB

Andrew

1650988353401.png

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris

Sorry to hear about all the problems with this kit.

My reference to masking fluid, was in response to your comment below about "makol", which I thought was a typo for Humbrol's Maskol masking fluid, which happens to be the same colour.

ATB

Andrew

View attachment 451895
OH YEA Andrew now i see what you mean an no i havnt told airfix about this other use for their maskol but it good for a liquid insulation as it goes off like rubber so that the wires cant touch an short out oh ive done this on several of my ship models over the yrs as this is an area where the slightes slip an the wires which are as thin as human hair will brake very easy so instead of tryin to fit shrink rap an proberly braking the wires i can just paint on the maskol an vola its done an insulated an well done Andrew for spotting it an no one else has
chrisb

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH Gawd disaster on that flamein chopper the plastic is so brittle that half the small dohickeys have broken as i was cuttin them of the sprues then to top it all they have put seperate window wipers in the kit an well i fitted one perfect an then come to fit the other one an it broke in half when fitting to the cockpit glass an a tiny amount of C/A went onto the clear glass well what a muck up so ive just painted black over it im amazed at this plastic bein so brittle so please shut your eyes when lookin at the cockpit this kit has been a disaster but im not gonna bin it as its got the motors an lights in an i cant see anyway to disguise it oh dear but it may not look to bad when decals go on an i only hope they dont just splinter in the water like they did on the K/H JAG
chrisb

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Sorry to hear of your problems. I'm sure that once the decals are on it will be fine.
Jim
I HOPE so Jim as ive spent too many hrs on this bloomin kit i may try an disguse it if possible by painting the blue cockpit framein a bit wider so not too much black to be seen but ive built hundreds of kit over the yrs but never had this brittle plastic before an if i remember rightly someone eles had brittle plastic in a kit on here a few months ago but cant remember who it was hope you are well an your wife Jim
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
At the end of the day Chris, everyone will be looking at the amazing Tiger, and will not be concentrating on small items like a wiper blade.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
At the end of the day Chris, everyone will be looking at the amazing Tiger, and will not be concentrating on small items like a wiper blade.
OH Cheers Garry thats made me feel better but i hate failure on anything that i do maybe i havnt had it happen enough to think well never mind
hope you get your plans soon then you can get started on a long journey of build an i hope you post it on here
ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all well i think i have managded to make a silk purse out of a sows ear lol as the chopper has turned out better than i dared hope so im pleased just hope you guys like it as this kit has given me the screamin meemeies in one form or another but im pleased to say it WILL DO not as good as Petes chopper but as this will be handled a lot sooner or later somethings gonna get broke but im pleased with it so on with the pics an there are quite a few taken from different angles first the real thing 1289687-large.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
There is nowt wrong with that mate, I agree with Gerry there is too much great modelling to view to worry about that.
AN THANK YOU Scottie yes im a bit happyier than i was building it but tell the truth im a bit amazed on it looks
ATB
Chrisb