boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO next up is what you guys have been waiting for an thats the guns turrets an such but got to have a good long hard think how im gonna go about building them an powering them an i then think a sail winch servo will be the first order of the day
cheers all
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is an AWESOME (shouting) result......so now the difficult one is finished you can focus on the three "Hangar Queens"!! ;)

Last edited:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Crikey Chris, that's a brilliant result, you really knocked this kit into shape, I really love the result of your hard work mate, and to be honest i can't see any problem with it, it certainly looks the part, and compliments 'Tiger' excellently,

I do have one request if it's possible... can you video the Seaking in action and post it up for us all ?.. I'm sure the rest of the folks on here would love to see her doin' her thing..

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is an AWESOME (shouting) result......so now the difficult one is finished you can focus on the two "Hangar Queens"!! ;)
HIYA Rick thanks for the awesome result but not two ive got three more to build when i get round to it as she carried four seakings Rick an the all fitted in the hangerbay so it must have been bloomin big as a seaking en'rt esacxly small are they
cheers for stoppin an havin a look see
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Crikey Chris, that's a brilliant result, you really knocked this kit into shape, I really love the result of your hard work mate, and to be honest i can't see any problem with it, it certainly looks the part, and compliments 'Tiger' excellently,

I do have one request if it's possible... can you video the Seaking in action and post it up for us all ?.. I'm sure the rest of the folks on here would love to see her doin' her thing..
HI Chris but sorry i cant do a vid im afraid my pc wont handle doin anything like that wont even handle utube vids at times an keep crashin as my hard drive is near full an the pc is running very slow but hopefully you will see it in a couple of yrs as gerry from suffolk said he will vid it when tiger goes on her maiden voyage sorry
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
A great job on the heli Chris.

Andy.
AN thank you Andy yes it turned out better than i dared hope as if it wasnt for the fact that it had both motors in it would have took a flight into the bin lol as cor what a :poop: kit an it said it was a gold edion on the box top
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Amen. Great result.
THANKS PaulE an its a load off my mind now i know that it all works ok an i was worryied at time as them tiny hair thin wires to the 2mm leds brake very easy so was sweating putting this togeather but i just took my time an a cuppa every fitheen minutes an jen mopping my brow to keep the sweat out of my eyes lol
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It put up one he'll of a fight, but you beat it hands down.
YES Ian thanks as has been said i had too as it had them tiny motors in an i was'nt goin to give up on it now if any of the lights or motors had failed then yes it would have been bin time but anway i dont like to give up as to me its a challenge
cheers Ian for your nice comment
ATB chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
She looks great Chris, you can be justifiably proud of that.
HI Garry cheers for your comment as i dint think it was gonna be a gooer as to how badly things fitted in this kit but i love a challenge an thank goodness i do as really im amazed how its turned out as a small kit like this i would normally build in a couple of day but as i fitted all the extra stuff to the kit it took me nr two months as some bits could not be carryied on with till something eles is done an then the same again on something else anyway have you heard anything of your plans yet ? AN HOPE you are well
ATB chris b

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Well it all turned out fine in the end Chris.
No my plans have not arrived yet :confounded: very frustrating.
ATB Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well it all turned out fine in the end Chris.
No my plans have not arrived yet :confounded: very frustrating.
ATB Garry
Well Garry they will come eventually so keep your chin up an when they do your mind will go into overdrive like mine does now an all the ideas will come floodin out as half mine i dream up in bed while im asleep lol an you will have fun working on it to see it slowy take shape
ATB
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
So now for the gun turrets, that will be very interesting, looking forward to seeing what you dream up.
ATB
Garry

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm still hoping you have enough power left in the old Girl to make the crane operational :tongue-out3: "Oh get on wit Man"!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
So now for the gun turrets, that will be very interesting, looking forward to seeing what you dream up.
ATB
Garry
AN hi Garry yes im also wondering what i'll dream up regards the gun turrets as i still only have vauge idea as im lookin at different designs to see if they are any help to me we will see as time rolls by
ATB
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris,

Yet again, simply outstanding work. Wouldn't even know where to start.

Very, very well done indeed.

All the best.

Andrew