Boatmans Super Tomcat F14D Build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO on the 5th attempt i went about fittin the hinge in a different way an with some new industrail super glue an this seemed to hold but i wasnt countin my chickens yet an i left it for an hr hopein this glue would hold the hinge in place when tryin to open the nose cone an i thought it would be nice to have a nice black nose cone so sprayed it in satin black an left it for a couple of hrs as i was gettin tired IMG_8965.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an when i felt better i went up to cave an had a look at what i had got an it looked reasonable so now for the 64000 dollar question will the nose cone be able to raise up an down an yes it did but only about 70% of nose up as the hinge was very tight against the fusalarge so its a partishall sucsses but now the radar should be able to be seen so im goin to fit the radar back on an call it quits an leave it while im ahead IMG_8964.JPGlol

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You are doing a knockout of a job on this one Chris such a big challenge that you took on and you are mastering it well done

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You are doing a knockout of a job on this one Chris such a big challenge that you took on and you are mastering it well done
HI Joe cheers yes its a big challage allright but i love it on a big model provided it goes right but i must admit when the hinge failed the second time i began to have my doubts eps when jen said give it up an just glue the nose on but a stubbonese rises up in me to think well its possible why wont my idea work so jen when down stairs to cook the tea but i thought well ive done more difficult things than a simple hinge fit whats goin wrong an it was the :poop: super glue i was usein dint have no holdin power so hunted for that industrial super glue on 5th atempt an im pleased to say thing went better then but jen says im stubbon as i dont like anyting to beat me as if it does happen i just down an think through what im doin wrong an most times a solution pops up lol
ATB Joe an thanks for stoppin an you puttin on a post i like that as sometime i get a hint from someone what i am doin wrong as we all are learning all our lives eant we

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Got to agree with Joe great work.
AN hi Scottie pleased you guys like my modelin but today im askin jen to hold the fusalrge upside down so i can open the nose cone to just clip the radar back into positon an then try it to see if the nose cone will miss the radar scanner when i attempt to open it an close so wheather trumpy has allowed for this to happen when they made the kit i will find out as the scanner will tilt down an up to hopefully allow the nose cone to open an close but im doubtfull as like on the gatlin gun covers they were not made to fit over the gun as to thick so i had to do quite a bit of grindin out of the plastic to get it to fit as like i think it was barry when he built his bomb cat he thinks they made the kit parts to be glued in their open poshtin if gun fitted an no gun fitted if you want to closeup the panel cover an i dont think they thought anyone would be crazy enough to whant the best of both worlds lol
but i suppoce im crazy enough lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Welll here again guys an treid out that nose cone fittin over the radar when i fitted it an here the radar is fitted on an it is fitted on a sveill so it can move up an down in pic an yes there is a bit of black to touch up as when i sprayed it as the nose cameras got in the way IMG_8966.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN IVE just taped some tamyia tape to the nose side so it gives it a bit of strenght an not get knocked off an here she has eletric goin throught it an all light worked bar the front red anitcollishion led an i found that the red live wire had broken off the resistor but soon resoldered it an got it workin again IMG_8972.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN A picture of what ive got so far as im stoppin now on the nose secktion as when i try to jion it to the main plane fusalarge i will only break things off so i will fit them near the end of the build esp if a bad fit again both tail verticals all painted up waiting for their skull an bones IMG_8976.JPG

Last edited: