Boatmans Super Tomcat F14D Build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well still tryin to fit this terrible kit togeather as its a terrible fit ive been cuttin an filein seems forever this is certainly not a beginners kit urg an trumppy did not give me any ejection handles in the kit an tried FLYJOE'S idea of fues wire but it broke so i treid to make them out of brass rod but they not turned out very good so im leavin them off pic of my efforts below

Attachments

• IMG_8956.JPG
    IMG_8956.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 8

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an now tryin a dry fit firstly to the nose part of the fusalarge an more cuttin an filein an yes i know this is what modelings all about but how much had to be done was redidalus an the wires for the lights can be clearly seen an still more to be added as i still havnt fitted the nose camers an red anti collishion light IMG_8951.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Chris, have you tried annealing the wire first it will make it a lot easier to bend to the shape you need. Or try solder wire.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great work Chris, have you tried annealing the wire first it will make it a lot easier to bend to the shape you need. Or try solder wire.
thanks Scottie an yes ive treid several different wires an due to the small size of these ejection handles it very difficult to get them to bend with out breakin but trumppy did not supply any an they are not listed in the destrickions so maybe this super tomcat did not have them fitted ? an i think i will try an fit a tiny hinge the front fusalarge to fit to the nose so it will hinge upwards like the real plane does

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well it was a battle to get this kit to fit togeather as been doin more filein an even some cuttin but this kit IMG_8957.JPG has put up a fight but its goin togeather wheather it likes it or not lol an here some pics with the radar an both nose sections now gluded togeather in MHOP i think trumpy have made this kit to complex an the bits not fittin an i could not fit the gatlin gun if i had just left how they made the covers as they needed a lot of grindin out to get it to fit over the gun oh boy nose cameras fitted with red flashin anti collishion light fitted in

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Your doing a great job.
THANK Scottie yes this bloomin kit is puttin up a fight but i think im winning
Looking really good to me as an aircraft dumbell but the detail and painting look first class.
AN thank you too Stefee dont know what you mean by a dumbell ? but cheers on your comment about the detail an painting an should look fairly good if i can fit a tiny hinge in the nose so the nose can be lifted up to show the radar off

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I mean I am as knowledgeable as a dumbell about anything that flies and how they are built.
OH i see Stefee well aircraft an warships have always been my main hobby over the last 60 yrs so i know a bit about both subject but not a lot lol but why dont you get a small plane an give it a try you may like it
ATB SIR

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
More great work Chris
HI Mick thanks yes the cat is comin on but i only hope the rest of the fusalrge is an easyier build as im hopein to fit a tiny hinge on the nose cone an fix to the fusalge so it can be lifted up to show that nice radar scanner but just holdin the nose cone near the radar to me the scanner looks too big to fit inside the nose cone if so then more fit probs as i think trumpy made it to be gluded in up postion if radar is fitted but if i want the nose cone in down postion then the radar cant be fitted just like the gatlin gun an if thats the case then i'll have to unclip the radar scanner an take it off an trim it down to a size where it will fit in the nose cone Aaaarrrgggg but im doin this today so will find out by tonight
ATB Mick

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I've just run through your thread from start to end. What a journey, she's a big old bird. Very interesting with all the electrics.
HI Colin well the journey is still ongoin by along way yet an yes the eletrics adds that bit extra for this build an hope you enjoyed the journey sir

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
hello chaps well im still strugglein on this model but one surprise the radar scanner did fit inside the nose cone as to me i looked to big so i just unclipped the radar scanner so it would be easyier to fit the nose cone hinge as i wanted it to be able to be rasied or in down position so radar can be seen so started to try an fit the small hinge an it was a total failure an it was fitted on the huh an it broke off easy while tryin to raise the nose cone an still more failures to come little did i know an jen was helpin me but again failure an she said give it up as im goin to to put the tea on so i was on my own again so i cleaned all areas up that had super glue on them an picked out a new hinge an start again any way terribble pic of fittin the hinge on the nose my worst work ever but i was learning how not to do it Aaaarrgghh an only a small thumb nail pics as not worth goin to full size

Attachments

• IMG_8962.JPG
    IMG_8962.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: