BOATMAN's USS NIMITZ CVN 68 BUILD IN 1/144 SCALE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good to see you’ve got the pictures sorted :smiling3: That is one impressive model. I’ve seen plenty of large ship models built from wood, and this looks better than many already.
Hi Jakko many thanks for your kind comments an tryin to help me with the pics as it did get a bit tedious swoppin them one at a time from bitmap to jpeg but got there in the end I will fit more pics of the build tomorrow

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all some more pics of the build
here I have made an fitted the aircraft evevator shuttle rails as this model had working aircraft elevators 3 working an one dummy over the batt baycarrier build14.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an the stern end with the bilge keels fitted an if looked at closely you can see the tubes comin through the hull for the push rods to work the aircraft elevator up an down carrier build16.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN the megtronics aircraft elevator unit I call it as it half mechanical an half eletronic's this unit is what pushes the aircraft elevators up an down an there are 3 of these in the shipcarrier build19.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
two shots of the exess hatches cut outs an these will be held in place by small screws an tiny magnets where I will open them alotcarrier build20.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
here is her motive power 4 grupner 12v 600 motor's with cam belt drive reduction gear ratio 3 to 1 step down with aircraft elevator megtronics fitted for lifts no. 3an 4
at the rear of the carrier carrier build22.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
More pics tomorrow an thanks steven an mick glad you like the build
chris

Last edited: