Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB Chat thread

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Trouble with santa is he wanted to show his reindeer towing it, but he did not know when the type of towing eyes were fitted so hes no nerd:sad:

Sorry santa, hope he gets a good Stug book from Santa, hang on who buys him goodies:thinking:

Red oxide no problem

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
That's fine Chris. You can have the boats unless it's a S-100. I really want one of them lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i might be a bit late for the start

need to finish this Warrior and do something else ive made a commitment to do

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I went to the storage today, and looked through the Dragon 6860 Wittmann kit. Great looking parts, but flipping through the manual, I see A LOT of cutting instructions, where I essentially have to shape the parts myself, including removing 1 cm off the middle part of the gun barrel! Looking through the orange box Wittmann Stug III Ausf. A, I see the same trend, only not as prevalent. This is not the type of build I was looking for. Is this a general trend of Dragon StuG builds?

On the positive side, the 6860 kit has a "complete interior", according to the box. The orange box (9143) has none, but tracks on sprues, whereas the 6860 kit has DS, which I want to check out, since I have more kits than time to build them and enjoy that.

I am thinking since I know nothing about the interior colours, and this is a StuG GB, I would be silly not to build an interior version StuG for this one. (Naively assuming people would help me with references! Fingers crossed, guys! I am not lazy, I just don't have time to read compendiums on the models I build.)

The orange box sprues look like they come from an old kit, maybe Gunze Sangyo or original Imperial series. From what I understand of the Scalemates tree, it comes from an Imperial series Dragon kit, which is not bad (I built the 9035 earlier, and had a great time), only lots more mold lines than normal for Dragon.

Dragon 6860 it is - though not positively surprised.

Happy modelling, everyone :smiling:

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Where can you get those flags from on the Panzer Girls Video?

Christian, Don't worry, Bob will be our Compendium, and we have "Stug Life" friends too.

Just ask, and someone will let you know.

The new Dragon instructions do seem extreme, I haven't experienced such cutting, but I only have old school Stugs, and newer None Dragon ones, curtesy of Bob.

Nearly there Stug fans

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I went to the storage today, and looked through the Dragon 6860 Wittmann kit. Great looking parts, but flipping through the manual, I see A LOT of cutting instructions, where I essentially have to shape the parts myself, including removing 1 cm off the middle part of the gun barrel! Looking through the orange box Wittmann Stug III Ausf. A, I see the same trend, only not as prevalent. This is not the type of build I was looking for. Is this a general trend of Dragon StuG builds?

On the positive side, the 6860 kit has a "complete interior", according to the box. The orange box (9143) has none, but tracks on sprues, whereas the 6860 kit has DS, which I want to check out, since I have more kits than time to build them and enjoy that.

I am thinking since I know nothing about the interior colours, and this is a StuG GB, I would be silly not to build an interior version StuG for this one. (Naively assuming people would help me with references! Fingers crossed, guys! I am not lazy, I just don't have time to read compendiums on the models I build.)

The orange box sprues look like they come from an old kit, maybe Gunze Sangyo or original Imperial series. From what I understand of the Scalemates tree, it comes from an Imperial series Dragon kit, which is not bad (I built the 9035 earlier, and had a great time), only lots more mold lines than normal for Dragon.

Dragon 6860 it is - though not positively surprised.

Happy modelling, everyone :smiling:

I have built this and its a Huge improvement over the very old one, the cutting is ok but found cutting the barell a bit odd!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Updated list

1 Bob Court :- Dragon 1/35 Stug 111, Ausf G, late production with Zimmerit + bits
2 Si :- Miniart 1/35 Stug O series
3 Al :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
4 Simon T:- Zvezda 1/35 Stug B with etch and winter tracks. Dragon 1/72 Stug E
5 Andy:- Tamiya Stug Ausf B with bits
6 Pete :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug Ausf B
7 Dave W :- Revell 1/35 Stug IV
8 Steve H :- Italeri 1/35 Stug Ausf B
9 Fernando:- Tamiya B with Fruil
10 John Race :- Zvezda 1/35 Stug Ausf B
11 Graeme C :- Tamiya 1/35 early G
12 Allen Dewire :- Dragon 1/35 Stug IV late production
13 Bowcat :- Tamiya 1/35 Stug Finnish army
14 Beowulf :- Dragon 1/35 Stug Ausf B
15 Lee Drennan :- Tamiya 1/48 Stug G
16 Papa 695 : - Tamiya 1/48 Stug B
17 Ron:- Tamiya 1/35 Stug IV
18 Mickc :- Academy 1/35 Stug IV
19 Andrew :- Plastic Soldier 1/72 Stug name your version!
20 Richard :- Italeri 1/35 Stug IV
21 Steve Jones :- Dragon 1/35 Stug Ausf C/D with lots of extras
22 Christian:- 1:56 Bolt Action + another
23 Jon :- Dragon's F/8
Hi Bob, last to check in with his kit...
I'll join the fray with a Tamiya B with Fruils:cool:

Hi Bob, last to check in with his kit...
I'll join the fray with a Tamiya B with Fruils:cool:
thanks Fernando!

Hi Jon i assume 1/35??

Reactions: JR

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
guess id better go and find mine in the stash :smiling5: