Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB Chat thread

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Wow!!! 23 builds,. I've got three kits and Christian has two, if not three, so that's 26 or 27 models by my count.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Many people suggested that I should run a Stug GB but I had to have a good think before offering to run it but as the Stug played a huge part in the war and was a very, very successful tank killer I come to the conclusion yes bugger the expense!!
Considering its history, the amount of books and kits on Stugs it never seems to a popular build on sites or at shows. The Tiger and Panthers dominate the builds so I hope this will put things right

Let the Gb begin!!!!!

It’s a cold and bright first of December in Germany and as the sun rises over the sewage works, sorry factories at Miag and Alkett another day of Stug births gets underway, I can hear those Maybach engines revving, swearing as a worker drops a track on his hand!!
I can hear the creak of joints (especially me lol), hovering of benches, new scalpel blades being fitted and tea/coffee on the brew and a fire extinguisher close to hand!
So get those kits out, those confusing plans (Dragon) and extras and let’s start seeing your plans and ideas for all to see!
If anybody needs me to do research for you please let me know (no chq’s please, not well enough to chase them as they bounce down the street), only joking I would be delighted to help where and when I can, my meagre collection of books is at your disposal.

So begins 6 months of mayhem and good all round fun!!

I do hope you all enjoy the time on the GB and learn more about this sexy vehicle, sorry matron is at the door with a very large needle, I am off

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Anyone know what Tamiya or Vallejo paints are good to use for red oxide primer on the Stug?

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Al posted about paint colours then sent me a pm. No good old cash!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yeah sorry guys, my bad. Bob kindly answered my question about the undercoat/primer for the Stug. Red Brown colour. So Tamiya XF-64 should suffice :smiling3: