Bobs Tamiya Valentine, build 1

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning all

Like many of us I wish this GB was not taking place ,but sadly it is so here's the first of my efforts

Tamiya 1/35 Valentine :thumb2: out of the box sorry, but as you will hopefully see my 2nd build should make up for my lack of effort!

Here's the sprue shots, Tamiya give you 3 options, 2 Russian and a North African one. Going for the British North Afrika one as I have never made a British tank or had a go at a desert paint job ;)

thanks to Steve for on his visit to the tank museum taking some excellent photos of their Valentine, is on YT by the way as well as lovely StuG! had to mention a StuG :upside:

CIMG4791.JPG
CIMG4792.JPG
CIMG4793.JPG
CIMG4794.JPG
CIMG4795.JPG
CIMG4796.JPG

Cheers bob

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just keep saying "its not a stug","its not a stug","its not a stug","its not a stug", and you will be fine mate :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:

Seriously though Bob have a lot of fun with this. It will go together well and should be a great model to build. Good luck sir!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Just keep saying "its not a stug","its not a stug","its not a stug","its not a stug", and you will be fine mate :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:

Seriously though Bob have a lot of fun with this. It will go together well and should be a great model to build. Good luck sir!
Cheers Steve

First none StuG build for ages

Ugly beast but looks a nice build with Tamiya quality, soon find out!

By the way, thank you for the very kind words on Facebook, fame at last!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Nice choice Bob

Mr Jones's walk-round is very useful, nice work both of you.

Its a really nice tank, I wouldn't mind trying one too, one day

Have fun

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Many thanks Steve, all new too me lol

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Missed this till now
Morning all

Like many of us I wish this GB was not taking place ,but sadly it is so here's the first of my efforts

Tamiya 1/35 Valentine :thumb2: out of the box sorry, but as you will hopefully see my 2nd build should make up for my lack of effort!

Here's the sprue shots, Tamiya give you 3 options, 2 Russian and a North African one. Going for the British North Afrika one as I have never made a British tank or had a go at a desert paint job ;)

thanks to Steve for on his visit to the tank museum taking some excellent photos of their Valentine, is on YT by the way as well as lovely StuG! had to mention a StuG :upside:

View attachment 402672
View attachment 402673
View attachment 402674
View attachment 402675
View attachment 402676
View attachment 402677

Cheers bob
Missed this til now Bob,
I have this exact same kit sat on the shelf,it`s built and painted,just awaiting stowage,tools and weathering.As Graeme said "have fun",it really is a great kit to put together :thumb2: ,
Will look out for your progress mate,
Andy.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Missed this till now

Missed this til now Bob,
I have this exact same kit sat on the shelf,it`s built and painted,just awaiting stowage,tools and weathering.As Graeme said "have fun",it really is a great kit to put together :thumb2: ,
Will look out for your progress mate,
Andy.
Thanks Andy

Looks good, hopefully usual Tamiya build!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good luck Bob. Well be interesting to see this come together.

As an FYI the thing on top of the hull with the gun coming out, is called a 'turret' - T-U-R-R-E-T.

I fully realise you may not have come across the concept before given your love for boxes on tracks but the idea is that it turns to point at the target rather than having to turn the whole vehicle. Rumor has it that the concept has proved surprisingly popular. Who would have thought it?!?!?!? :smiling5: ;)

ATB

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
And we are off!!

20201102_130511.jpg
20201102_130518.jpg

Now, first mistake, put the drivers periscopes backwards, ok if he wanted to see where he had been or to check if there was a q at the burger van, but no use in combat;) managed to move the glue set, phew:thumb2:

Otherwise lovely fit!

Bob

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Couldn't help yourself could you Bob. You just had to get a picture of your Stug in there somehow :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:

Nice to see the build off and running. Glad to hear its going together okay backwards and forwards;)

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good start Bob,
I’ve seen this kit built a few times and it looks typically Tamiya with it’s no nonsense constuction....no chance of getting anything wrong ;)
That does not apply to me, of course lol
Couldn't help yourself could you Bob. You just had to get a picture of your Stug in there somehow :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:

Nice to see the build off and running. Glad to hear its going together okay backwards and forwards;)
Always got a StuG close to hand!

Just thought that the driver should be able to give his opinion on the coming paint job

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Last edited: